This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

Are you a person who has a final? Yes? Well, you should try out a Study Crawl!

But seriously. I’m someone who finds it pretty difficult to study on my own. I’m easily prone to distraction, and unless I get in that “study zone” quickly, it’s going to take me a long time to focus in. Sometimes I really need a sweet treat or study snack/drink to keep me going, or as a reward to make the studying feel worth it. Plus, who doesn’t like spending more time with their friends? To me and others who might feel the same way—or might just want a fun activity to spice up their studying this finals season—a Study Crawl is a fun solution to all these things!

So what’s a “Study Crawl?” Basically, a “Bar Crawl” but for study spots on and off campus. I’ll give you my Study Crawl plan for example: 

Starting off at River Road Coffee House in Granville. I have a car, so I’ll drive my friends down. Get a coffee, maybe some breakfast. River Road gives you two hours of free wifi per order, and with the homey atmosphere and plethora of tables, River Road is the perfect spot to start a long day of studying.

Next, the Granville Public Library. I think this might be the most underrated study spot in the area. Not many Denison students come here, and it’s an adorable spot that’s quiet with plenty of natural light and space to spread your things. Spend an hour or two here, and you’ll be sure to get some work done.

Now depending on what time it is, you could go for a couple of things. If it’s lunch time and you’re hungry enough, maybe pop into Village Coffee for a bagel sandwich, or head back up to campus to eat in a dining hall. Either way, we’re heading upward.

Personally, Eisner is one of my favorite study spots, so I’d suggest taking a trip there during your study crawl. But if that’s not your thing, or you’d rather not climb the hill, check out the Barney Davis 4th-floor J-Space! Always stocked with popcorn, coffee, tea, and candy, the J-space is a relaxing room with moody lighting, couches, and lab computers, and would make a great addition to your study crawl.

Next, hit another academic building of your choice. For some, that’s Talbot, with it’s beautiful open windows and lots of open floor space. But Talbot’s a competitive choice—if you need more options, I’d suggest Knapp. It’s got plenty of open classrooms, and you can use the projectors to play chill music.

Word of advice? Don’t go to the library if you’re looking for a good study spot during finals. It’ll be covered up, and if you want to study with friends, good luck finding a space quiet enough to focus, but where you can talk to your friends without being disrespectful to those around you. 

Make sure to take care of yourself this finals season. Take breaks, get snacks, and know that you will get through this. I know you will. 

Sofia is a Second-Year at Denison University and Chapter Co-Correspondant. She is a Creative Writing major from Mississippi interested in a career in publishing. She loves reading and watching fantasy and sci-fi, listening to indie pop, and baking. She's also the proud owner of a black cat named Lucky.