This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

Despite the unexpected surge of warm weather, Denison has seen an onslaught of boots. On a sunny Thursday, Denisonians were clad in boots of every style. Some fashionistas let their rocker chic emerge with moto boots. Others took on a classic rebellious look with plain black leather ankle boots. A more casual cowboy boot was also seen amongst the crowd of boot-crazed female students.

Among my favorite finds was a pair of gray lace-up moto boots. The owner of these rad boots wears them to class and also enjoys wearing them for the more practical use of riding her motorcycle. Though she can’t say as much for her motorcycle, this fashionista prided herself on the inexpensiveness of her covetable boots; they were shockingly only seven dollars.

I also loved the classic country look this fashionista, pictured below, rocked. Her high-waisted pleated skirt with a micro flower print was a cheerful reminder of flowers in bloom during those warmer months. 

Though boots are often associated with masculinity, this Denisonian was the epitome of feminine with her tan vintage boots. These boots were the exact opposite of the hardline, leather ankle boot. With an accent of white lace, these boots were delicate and feminine. The fashionista embellished on the feminine nature of these boots by pairing them with a sheer rose baby doll dress.

With all these different styles and looks of this piece of footwear, it seems that this week Denisonians were certainly giving them the boot!

Caroline McCauley is a 22-year-old English literature major at Denison University. Currently, she is a Style Guru Intern at CollegeFashionista, a contributing writer at Yuppee Magazine, and an assistant editor and writer at the Denisonian. In June 2013, Caroline launched a blog called Empowering Fashionista, http://empoweringfashionista.com, that highlights women's fashion, health, and culture. She is very interested in fashion history and studies, women's issues, and journalism. Caroline hopes to pursue a career in journalism and writing along with conducting further research in fashion and women studies.
Kaitlin is a sophomore at Denison University in Granville, Ohio. She is currently studying Economics with a minor in Communication. When Kaitlin isn't studying, you can find her attending events for her sorority, Kappa Alpha Theta, writing articles, playing tennis, or watching Bravo obsessively.  As a Bravo fangirl, she would love to meet Andy Cohen.