Five Study Tips for Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

5 Study Tips for Finals Season! 

It’s that dreaded time in the semester. Where we all have our finals exams, papers, and last minute assignments in all of our classes. It can be pretty overwhelming when you come back from Thanksgiving break and everything seems to pile up so quickly. But don’t worry, you can survive this! Here are some tips to help you push through these last couple dreaded days! 

1. Make a list 

When you have countless tasks to do for all of your classes, it can get really overwhelming and you don’t know where to start. So make a to do list, write down everything you need to get done for each day, and when you plan on doing each task. Organizing and planning can get you in the head space to be productive, help hold yourself accountable, and just make everything seem more doable. Not to mention crossing off a task on your list after you’ve finished it can feel so satisfying! 

2. Find the way you study best 

Discover your best study habits and stick to them. Whether that’s listening to music or a room being completely silent, writing things down or reading them aloud to yourself, working in study groups or working alone. This is so you can have the most productive study sessions possible! 

3. Give yourself rewards 

A way to stay productive and get things done are to give yourself rewards after each task. Whether that’s checking your phone, letting yourself have a snack, or just watch a short video. Treat yourself every once and awhile! 

4. Take care of yourself! 

You are not going to be able to work at your best if you are hungry, tired, or overworked. Allow yourself to take breaks to talk to your friends, go on a walk, or do something you enjoy. Make sure you are eating an appropriate amount and getting a good night’s sleep every night, because even if they feel like they are taking away from your study time, they are actually helping you! And most importantly, you are not your final grades you worth more than that! You are smart, powerful, and beautiful! 

Hi! My name is Nicole and I am a junior at Denison! I am majoring in English Creative Writing, minoring in Communication, with a concentration in Narrative Journalism. Along with writing, I love documentaries, being outside, thrifting, and crafting!