This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

The first week of this semester crawled by at a SNAIL’S. PACE. I’m pretty sure there was a common consensus among students that there was something wrong with the calendar and we had actually been here for a month instead of a week- it just didn’t make sense. I guess it was the heat that made everything just seem slower, but with the heat hibernating for the winter, the remainder of fall semester 2019 flew by. Father Time, please stop messing with me. Thank you.

So I am halfway through my sophomore year and it is such a bittersweet feeling. Of course it feels good to be progressing and succeeding in my studies, but I can’t help but think that time is moving too quickly for me to be able to enjoy it while I’m living it. I am trying! I have absolutely loved my classes this semester (ask me how I feel about them after I get my final grades back) and I feel luckier everyday for the academic opportunities that Denison has to offer. I have been challenged in and out of the classroom and I feel myself becoming a stronger thinker.

I have gotten a lot closer with some people on campus and I have, naturally, grown apart from some. As hard as it is, I try to think about this as a positive thing. Not everyone is going to be your best friend, but that doesn’t mean that either one of you is a bad person. Some people just aren’t meant to be together all the time while others seem to effortlessly click. Everyone at Denison, especially, is so busy and headed in a million different directions so it’s easy to lose touch with some people that you really want to keep in contact with. Make time for the people you want in your life, effort means everything.

Something that I am extremely proud of this semester is our little Her Campus chapter- even though it’s not exactly little anymore. We have seen our numbers soar from 8 lovely members to 21 strong women ranging from first-years to seniors. I am constantly amazed at the content that our writers put out and inspired by their true dedication. Rachel and I started off the year with so many goals that we wanted to accomplish with the chapter as co-presidents and we are well on our way to reaching (and exceeding) those goals with this amazing group of writers. I cannot wait to see what the spring semester has in store for us. Bring it on, 2020!

See you in January, Denny.

Claire is a Cleveland native in her fourth & final year at Denison University and is excited to continue her role as the Co-President for the Denison chapter! While she studies Spanish and Political Science, she loves to write in her spare time. She wants to emphasize topics that she is passionate about, spread positivity and optimism in the world, and connect with people through her writing. When she isn't writing or studying, you can find Claire spending time with her family and friends, staying active, enjoying the outdoors, or listening to music.