This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.
  1. Forged in Fire- Netflix

If seeing how blades are handmade sounds interesting to you, this is definitely your show. When I first watched this show, I didn’t even know I would be interested in it. Turns out, bladesmithing is super awesome, and takes a serious amount of skill. 

Each season, there are competitors who go against each other to see who is the best bladesmith. You see step-by-step how blades are made, and you even learn the history behind each sword or knife the competitors are told to recreate! 

If you’re bored and want something random to watch, turn this on!

1. Ink Master- Netflix

Have you been wanting a tattoo, but are too nervous to get that consultation? This show might make you reconsider. Ink Master, hosted by Dave Navarro, has been my favorite show since I was in middle school. After watching it, I knew I wanted to be covered in tattoos when I got older. 

In this show, there are tattoo artists hailing from different tattoo shops around the world. Throughout the seasons, the artists are given different challenges, and tattoo people who volunteer to be their canvases. You learn about different tattoo styles, and what constitutes a good and bad tattoo.

And if you’re looking for a show led by women, there is Ink Master: Angels. The women hosting this show were on previous seasons of Ink Master.

1. Zumbo’s Just Desserts – Netflix

Maybe over quarantine, you really got into baking. You might be interested in this sweet series. Zumbo’s Just Desserts is the go-to baking show! The visuals are vibrant and eye-catching, and every competitor has a different personality and backstory. The show is hosted by Rachel Khoo and Adriano Zumbo, and begins with 12 cooks. Each episode, there are different baking challenges the competitors have to complete, and the bottom two competitors from each task are forced to do the “Zumbo Challenge,” which consists of recreating original, complicated desserts created by Adriano Zumbo himself.

If you want baking inspiration, definitely watch this! You might learn a thing or two.

Whichever show you choose to watch, you won’t be let down!

Olivia Mize

Denison '22

Hello! I’m Olivia, a student at Denison University, born and raised in Columbus, Ohio. I'm majoring in Anthropology & Sociology with a Studio Art minor. I enjoy watching movies, painting, and drawing.