Social Media & Its Content: A Chucklesome & Amusing Escapade

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delhi North chapter.

There are days when I feel exhausted and unhappy. In such situations, I turn to social media platforms like Instagram or YouTube, and it’s amazing how quickly my mood is uplifted. I believe content creators deserve more appreciation for making our day in the truest sense. Their content is not only entertaining and funny, but also relatable. They cover various topics that depict our daily lives and struggles, like conversations with family and friends, videos about college life, adulting struggles, and more. The best part of content is that it makes you feel less alone in your experiences, and that others also go through similar situations.

This relatability factor hits you right there. We all face bad and good days, but without exaggeration, these short reels or videos emerges as a savior. There is also a component of ‘Bonding‘ to it, which I have closely observed that when you come across a relatable or funny video, you send it to your friends, parents or family members. Nowadays, everyone is busy doing different things, and somehow, we struggle to stay connected with each other, but just when you send something, a conversation begins and most importantly, the other person smiles. Generally, the daily life of individuals have become so hectic and tiresome that a small dose of entertainment and happiness becomes essential. I vividly remember, how, on a particularly sad, gloomy day, I started sending some funny videos in my family group, which instantly changed the vibe since everyone started laughing and discussing about it.

But it is also pertinent to acknowledge the fact that making everyone laugh is not an easy job. We might casually make fun of content creators or influencers, but the struggle behind their work is never appreciated enough. The task of constantly entertaining and posting relevant videos is not a piece of cake. Additionally, you need to have immense creativity, talent, and observational skills because often these videos are connected with everyday life so that it appeals to a larger audience along with the target audience. The idea of ‘becoming viral’ or trending is also challenging, and everyday they have to try to come up with something new. Obviously, there is a sense of joy and shareable moments, however, as audiences, we should also make sure that these creators or influencers are treated with dignity, not hatred. While scrolling, I have seen many people engage in trolling or leaving hate comments for creators which is indeed upsetting. The quality, plot or content might differ but it is integral to appreciate their efforts. Times are changing. We are living in a technologically advanced world, where most of us have our own social media accounts and therefore, we come across a wide variety of content. We can stumble upon many social media profiles who do not make appropriate videos and promote that kind of content which might not be good for kids or a specific age group just to get instant fame. Amidst all this, the real talent gets hidden or does not get the deserving numbers of views, likes and shares which are extremely important due to Social Media Algorithm. People who are genuinely devoted in making good content on social media should be supported and appreciated. The onus ultimately falls on what kind, and whose content we decide to consume. I believe, we should be more careful with our choices and the kind of content we consume as it can affect the way you think and perceive things around you.

Here’s a list of my top 5 favorite content creators who never fails to entertain me with their creativity, amazing sense of humour and positive aura. The following creators are the ones who generally make reels on the latest trends, everyday life events with which I relate the most and their crazy sense of humour makes every reel amazing. The content which they make is incredibly good to make your day as there’s never any kind of negativity in it.

Samiksha Sharma is a Chapter Member of the Editorial Department at Her Campus Delhi North. In her journey of exploring different domains, she is inquisitive to write about entertainment, politics, concurrent issues, college life, and friendships. Besides this, she is a third year student of Political Science at Indraprastha College for Women. She was also the member of the Editorial team at National Service Scheme (NSS) Unit of IPCW and has written impactful articles for an NGO during her internship. She has also done an online content writing course with Terribly Tiny Tales (TTT) Official, and all of this has indeed awakened a passion for writing in her. In her free time, Samiksha enjoys watching Netflix, political satires and stand-ups on Youtube and other platforms, and listening to evergreen Bollywood songs and devotional music. She is a tea person who loves interacting with new people and exploring famous street food spots in and around Delhi-NCR. Besides all of this, she considers herself as a gastronome that loves cooking and would never say “no” to dancing or having discussions on politics, history and latest trends!