Republic Records

10 Taylor Swift songs that remind me of fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delhi North chapter.

Hark! Comes the time of cardigans and sweater vests, the first order of hot coffee, and the broody afternoon walks with your favourite book stashed under your arms and your earphones blasting the saddest playlist on your phone — it’s time for ‘Sad Girl Autumn.’

An archive of deeply riveting and soulful music to get you into the feels of the hazy sun of fall is a must-have for everyone who thrives to enjoy this weather to the fullest.

Fall songs make you wander into the intricacies of life and there’s nothing better to settle into the gloom of dreary winters than a playlist of Taylor’s sad girl discography.

Keeping the dismal lores alive, here are ten Taylor Swift Songs that remind me of fall!

1. august 

If you’re starting a fall playlist, might as well start with the first official month of fall, August! “August” might have slipped away in a moment of time, but it’ll surely never stop all the fall enjoyers from literally having this song on repeat. “August” is the soft winter’s kiss, the cradle of warmth for a broken heart, and most of all, it’s for those who “live for the hope of it all.”

2. Cardigan

The title must be enough of a reason why we have this ethereal song in our essential fall playlist. But wait, there are more reasons too. “Cardigan” sits so well with the gloom and haze of fall, not just because of the sweet melodies, but the breathtaking lyricism of it all. “And when you are young, they assume you know nothing” does not fail to hit you in the feels every time.

3. The Lakes

Taylor Swift is a poetic genius. And you know what’s the best season to enjoy poetic brilliance? That’s right, fall! The “I don’t belong here” vibe fits in absolutely well with the perennial existential crisis that is usually during the last months of the year :”)

4. Ivy

“Ivy” is about all the things that could’ve been, and honestly speaking, one of the best fits for a fall playlist. The impending sense of demure grief mixed with the aching want of someone holding your hand through it all is enough to prove its worth, generally too, as one of the best songs of Taylor’s entire discography.

5. Tolerate it

The hopeless romantic in all of us is obviously at its peak this time of the year. And so is the glimmer of a fading childhood, clinging on to the last hopes of naivety, just like the sun’s warmth clings on to its last brutal rays before fading into the winter. “Tolerate it” lifts you up from this melancholy and gives you the reassurance that you are enough.

6. Enchanted

Keeping the hopeless romantic streak alive, “Enchanted” is for the ones that daydream about the perfect sparkling nights. There’s no better feeling in the world than to look up at the starry sky on a chilly fall night and reminisce about all the good things in the world.

7. Cornelia Street

“Cornelia Street” is one of those songs that deserves to be on all playlists whatsoever. It’s the elixir of romance mixed with the bustling city lights and flushed cheeks from the soft, chilly breeze. Truly, one of the most underrated songs of Taylor Swift, the live version from Paris, will simply leave you in bliss.

8. Maroon

If a song could make you fall in love with all shades of red, it’d be this one. “Maroon” captures the essence of the transition from hot-headed agility into the bliss and cool of the dark sunsets. When the sky turns into the same shade of colour as your cheeks turn in the cold, that’s when you know the best time of the year is here.

9. Snow on the Beach

This song is the exact definition of peace. It has all the dreaminess of a quiet evening walk under a greying sky and all those magical things that dreams are made up of.

10. ALL TO WELL

The closing note surely deserves to hold the best one of them all. “All Too Well” holds you close like a dear friend and everything else falls into oblivion, such is the beauty of this song. “Autumn leaves falling down like pieces into place” and the ten-minute version of this song on repeat is all you need to keep you “All Too Well” this season ;)

Sitara Sigi

Delhi North '24

A history major at Hansraj college, University of Delhi. A literature nerd from Delhi who always finds herself hyperfixating on fictions and TV shows. Loves indulging in fun relatable conversations and discussions on social issues.