Style

Why Flare Jeans Are Still The Best Jeans

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

Flare, bootcut, hippy, whatever you want to call them, they are all the same. Flare jeans have been a fad a couple times throughout history, predominantly in the 70s and bootcut in the early 2000s. Then, skinny jeans hit the market and retailers have never looked back. I, for one, have not owned a pair of bootcut jeans since I was about six in 2003.

However, recently, I decided I am so over this skinny jean phase. Sure, they’re good for when you want to tuck in your pants or don’t want to breathe, but come on…I am tired of squeezing my butt into those tight, sausage- casing pants. I took a plunge and splurged my college budget on a pair of nice flare jeans. Now, here are five reasons why I LOVE MY FLARE JEANS:

I CAN BREATHE. They do not constrict my legs or make them feel tingly! I can eat a meal and fit my food baby in those things without having those annoying red marks

They look good on EVERYONE. They hug you in the right places for sure, slimming you down and giving you a fast booty-lift. However, fit does matter which is why I recommend American Eagle brand because they have everyone’s size numerically as well as “Short”, “Regular”, “Long” and “Extra-long.”

I can sit down! I don’t know about you, but when I wear my skinny jeans, sitting down causes my flub to fall over my waist line and I feel so gross. Flares are super easy to slide on while I still haven’t mastered the art of getting on skinny jeans…

They are so versatile! I can go from wearing them on my boyfriend’s farm like a country girl, to a hippy-dippy 70s chic girl to a casual t-shirt looking like the late 90s. They are fabulous in every era.

They’re so underrated and under worn! You’ll definitely be starting a new trend by wearing flare or bootcut jeans. It’s honestly rare to see anyone stunting these on campus.

So, if you want to make a quick fashion statement, grab a pair of flare jeans and hit the streets of your campus! You’ll get some envious glares, but hey, they’re just mad their skinny jeans don’t have anything on those flares.

Addison Reich is a lively, fun and energetic girl of 21 years old. She is a Junior Psychology major with a Minor in Health & Wellness at the University of Delaware. Ad started as Udel's junior editor, but has since worked her way to becoming their Co-CC! Addison loves to write articles about personal experience and opinion. She transferred from a different university in the fall of her sophomore year, leaving behind a volleyball scholarship, but not her passion for sports, as she is working on becoming a sports psychologist. She also loves hunting, singing and Taylor Swift. If you notice, it's her token to add a picture of Swift in every header of her articles. Keep on the lookout for the next one!