Three Simple Study Sites You Can Use to Get Through Exams

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

With midterms quickly approaching, students are beginning to cram for the long caffeinated nights in the library and lounges. Here is how to make your backpack a little lighter by using these free tools that you can find online:

1. EasyBib.com
Ever have difficulty starting or finishing your research paper? Don’t forget about putting together a bibliography. EasyBib is a great website to use when you need help with creating citations and bibliographies for papers. The website helps students input information from sources into MLA, APA, or Chicago style – all with the click of a button. Create citations in over 50 source options, including websites, textbooks, journals, and databases. For subscribers, you can also create an EasyBib Notebook that will help you organize, manage and save your notes more effectively! With the EasyBib Notebook, you create virtual note cards. Don’t be worried if your laptop is about to die because you can find a free EasyBib app for the iPhone or Android.

Help get EasyBib here at the University of Delaware by clicking here to “LIKE” the page.

2. StudyShack.com
Are you worried you are going to run out of index cards when you’re cramming for your next exam and you don’t have time to run to Walgreens for 5&10? Choose the environmentally friendly option by using StudyShack.com. This free website allows you to create free index cards where you can quiz yourself to make sure your prepared for your test or quiz. You can choose to create your own index cards or use a plethora of options of pre-created index cards. Feel free to quiz yourself with pre-made cards in different subjects and even get free studying cards for the GRE, MCAT, and LSAT. With these index cards already pre-made, you’ll save yourself more time to buckle down and study.

3. Quizlet.com
Do you ever not have motivation to quiz yourself before a big exam and often find yourself looking at the back of the card to see the right answer? Quizlet can eliminate any issue you have with testing yourself. Quizlet offers six different studying modes including generating a test, flashcards, speller for terminology and language exams, and learn mode to track your progress and review items that you have gotten wrong. You can make Quizlet a fun competition between friends by sharing tools with your classmates. Don’t worry if you do not want to lug your laptop around with you at all times because you can download the Quizlet application for your iPhone. 

Sara studies at the University of Delaware (go blue hens!), and absolutely loves it. She is currently studying communications and english with a professional writing concentration. and is fostering a developing interest in public relations after having been introduced to the field through the Public Relations Student Society of America at UD. That has inspired her to concentrate in public relations in the future, though she is a firm believer in getting a well-rounded education and taking a bunch of classes in various subjects. Wherever her education takes her, Sara has always had a passion for writing and will continue her writing in any way possible throughout the remainder of her college years and beyond! Born in New York City, she appreciates and is preparing for the fast paced lifestyle of a city girl, but enjoys the more relaxed nature of her hometown on the Jersey Shore (though she is not affiliated in any way with the cast of MTV’s Jersey Shore). Only minutes from the beach, Sara tries not to take the beautiful atmosphere for granted. Similarly, she tries not to take anything else in her life for granted, and in this sense, prides herself on her strong work ethic. She believes that when life gets tough, it’s only because something great is on the horizon. She adores music, her family and friends, movies, writing, magazines, and travel. Sara cannot wait to see what else college has in store for her, and is ready to take more risks and live with no regrets. She is beyond thrilled to be part of the Her Campus team, and looks forward to writing and editing content that focuses on an audience of college women dedicated to achieving their aspirations.