This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

Using dating apps can be extremely daunting and stressful for some people. It can be difficult to determine if the person you’re talking to is a good match for you through simple conversation. I decided to have a little fun with the process while also noting “red flags” in the person I was talking to. Using a series of seemingly random interview questions, I was able to make the decision about whether this boy was a good match or not. 

Her Campus: You’re trapped on a lifeboat that can only hold 2 people. The lifeboat currently holds you, Adam Sandler, and Kevin James. Which other person do you save besides yourself? Give reasoning if you can. 

Tinder Boy: Trick question. Kevin James is the life raft. The 3 of us float to safety.

HC: What’s your favorite war reparation? 

TB: Treaty of Versailles.

HC: Do you think cronuts are trying too hard, or are you all about them?

TB: I can’t think of many things as perfectly balanced as a cronut. The yin and yang of rich yet airy, moist yet flakey … 

HC: What do you order at brunch?

TB: Brunch. 

HC: What’s your go-to salad? And how’s your relationship with your mother?

TB: Turkey BLT, and my mom is amazing, we are great together. She’s an incredible woman.

HC: You’re leaving for vacation, how long before your flight do you get to the airport? Does this answer change if you’re flying out of the country?

TB: 30 minutes. I like being under the pressure of missing a flight.

I was able to have fun interviewing this Tinder match while also making a decision about continuing to talk to him or not. The answers he gave me may not seem like obvious “red flags” or “green flags,” but I was able to make a decision based on them. Would you date him?

Check out this website for more fun questions to try out with your matches!

https://thoughtcatalog.com/kim-quindlen/2015/02/25-unusual-questions-you-can-ask-your-tinder-date-to-see-if-youre-compatible/

Justina Recchia

Delaware '21

Justina is a senior at the University of Delaware. She is majoring in nursing. She enjoys cooking and baking.