This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

While tensions are rising in Ukraine and seeing videos on social media of the ongoing conflict, I am sure many of you are wondering how we can help. One of the easiest and immediate ways is by donating to organizations that are helping aid Ukrainian civilians and troops. All five of these organizations I include here are also tax-deductible for those who are financially savvy. Whenever considering an organization or charity, it is always wise to do research prior as some will try and take advantage of those with big caring hearts, especially in a devastating circumstance as war conflict. A good cross-reference to use is Charity Navigator to evaluate your charities of choice to make sure they are legitimate. 

The American Red Cross and The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)

The American Red Cross along with the ICRC has been working together to help those in Ukraine through shelter, food, and first-aid training. ICRC has been supporting those in Ukraine for almost a decade and is continuing to add comfort kits for individuals and families as the crisis continues. DONATE HERE!

United Ukrainian American Relief Committee (UUARC)

The UUARC has been helping Ukrainians since 1944 in refugee camps during WWII. Currently, they are working in coordination with the Ukrainian Embassy to arrange medical supplies, food, offer shelter, and take care of injured people and refugees. DONATE HERE! 

Project HOPE

Project HOPE according to their website, the group is aiding those in Ukraine by mobilizing its emergency teams and “sending medical supplies and standing by to provide health screening and care for refugees.” DONATE HERE!

GlobalGiving

According to their website, “GlobalGiving’s local partners in Ukraine are bringing relief to displaced families and people in high-risk areas.” According to the group, your donation will support refugees with food, shelter, and clean water, as well as provide health and psychological support. DONATE HERE!

UNICEF USA

The UNICEF emergency response is working to address needs by preparing health, hygiene, and emergency education supplies, as well as distributing safe water to affected areas, providing children with psychosocial care, and helping kids separated from their families. DONATE HERE!

International Medical Corps

International Medical Corps helped Ukrainians during the conflict in 1999-2000 by delivering medicine and training more than 500 local doctors and medical staff. In 2014, it partnered with the Ukraine Ministry of Health to support mobile health services and train medical professionals on preventing and controlling infections. As the crisis develops, the International Medical Corps has added mental health counseling to the services available for the community. DONATE HERE!

I encourage everyone to donate as there are many organizations out there that are helping in so many ways. These organizations are all suggestions that have a reliable reputation. Please explore their messages and stories and research where you donate to as many more organizations and charities emerge to make sure your gratitude is not being taken advantage of. As these times are so terrible, hopefully, what little bit we can provide can help go such a long way to those families, soldiers, and citizens of Ukraine!

Kaitlynn Evans is currently a Senior attending The University of Delaware majoring in Criminal Justice with a Political Science minor. Outside of school, she is working with the 153rd Military Police Company for the Delaware Army National Guard. Some of her favorite things to do for fun are traveling to new places and going on hikes with her dog.