This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

Happy Homecoming Week!

This week, the University of Delaware celebrates homecoming: a week where alumni come and reminisce on the good times and the current students find crazy ways to bleed blue and gold and celebrate like the school-spirited Blue Hens we are. Keep checking this website every day to see what’s going on so you won’t miss a single thing! Also, use the Twitter hashtag #UDHC for homecoming-related updates, news, and to share your homecoming memories, as well. Use the hashtag #UDHC for Instagram, as well, to capture the memories on camera.

Start Homecoming Week off with a BANG on Monday, October 7th. Wear blue and gold and stop by the designated Spirit Stations by Trabant, Memorial South Green, and the Smith/Purnell Fountain between the hours of 12pm and 2pm. By doing this, you will receive FREE BLUE AND GOLD BEADS to keep forever and ever and, ideally, wear to the Homecoming football game that Saturday afternoon.  These beads will go QUICKLY, so make sure to stop by the stations as early as you can. BUT THAT’S NOT ALL. On Monday night, starting at 6pm, there will be a dodgball tournament taking place at the Little Bob (Bob Carpenter Sports Building) so bring your friends and their friends, form teams, and join in the fun!

Welcome to the second day of Homecoming Week! It’s Tuesday, October 8th and there are surprises waiting for you today! In celebration of our school spirit, wear blue and gold and stop by the designated Spirit Stations by Trabant, Memorial South Green, and the Smith/Purnell Fountain between the hours of 12pm and 2pm. If you do this, you will receive FREE YELLOW TUBE SOCKS to keep and wear as a symbol of your eternal love for the University of Delaware. Also, stop by Perkins Student Center around 7pm that night to play Homecoming Quizzo, where there will be awesome prizes for the winners!

It’s Wednesday, October 9th. Happy Hump Day! What better way to celebrate the third day of Homecoming Week/Hump Day then by getting free stuff? Stop by the designated Spirit Stations by Trabant, Memorial South Green, and the Smith/Purnell Fountain between the hours of 12pm and 2pm wearing blue and gold and you will receive FREE BLUE AWARENESS GLASSES. But that’s not all! At 6:30pm, join the UD Amazing Race, which starts at Memorial Hall. This race will visit different countries along the way with different obstacles to overcome. Prizes will be given to the winners.

It’s Thursday, October 10th and game day is just a few days away! To celebrate your Thursday and the end of Hump Day, wear blue and gold and stop by the designated Spirit Stations by Trabant, Memorial South Green, and the Smith/Purnell Fountain between the hours of 12pm and 2pm wearing blue and gold and you will receive SUNGLASSES. These glasses will help your Homecoming Game Day outfit and protect your eyes from the October sun, as well. There are no official events happening tonight, but don’t let that stop you from celebrating homecoming week! Use the Twitter hashtag: #UDHC and tweet about your homecoming adventures while also staying updated on homecoming information and news.

It’s Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday, October 11th. Game Day is TOMORROW and your outfit needs to be complete! We’re here to help! Wear blue and gold and stop by the designated Spirit Stations by Trabant, Memorial South Green, and the Smith/Purnell Fountain between the hours of 12pm and 2pm wearing blue and gold and you will receive a FREE SWEATBAND HEADBAND. Oh yeah. What could be better? I KNOW! Come to the Pep Rally, which starts at 4:30pm on the Laird Campus Turf. Here, there will be awesome events going on, talents performing, and surprise guests making appearances! What better way to finish homecoming week then by celebrating your school with the campus community?

Finally…the day is here!! It’s Saturday, October 12th. HOMECOMING FOOTBALL GAME. Watch the Blue Hens take on Albany. The kickoff starts at NOON and you DON’T want to miss it. During the game, the 2013 homecoming court/king and queen will be announced. The game will be held at the Delaware Stadium.

Hi! I'm Keri. I'm a Junior Interpersonal Communications major at the University of Delaware with concentrations in Advertising, Public Relations, and Interactive Media. I'm also the Social Media Director for HerCampus UDel. My favorite colors are purple and blue. I'm a self-proclaimed Starbucks addict and my favorite actor is Johnny Depp. You can visit my personal blog and contact me by clicking the link: http://www.keribetters.wordpress.com 
Sara studies at the University of Delaware (go blue hens!), and absolutely loves it. She is currently studying communications and english with a professional writing concentration. and is fostering a developing interest in public relations after having been introduced to the field through the Public Relations Student Society of America at UD. That has inspired her to concentrate in public relations in the future, though she is a firm believer in getting a well-rounded education and taking a bunch of classes in various subjects. Wherever her education takes her, Sara has always had a passion for writing and will continue her writing in any way possible throughout the remainder of her college years and beyond! Born in New York City, she appreciates and is preparing for the fast paced lifestyle of a city girl, but enjoys the more relaxed nature of her hometown on the Jersey Shore (though she is not affiliated in any way with the cast of MTV’s Jersey Shore). Only minutes from the beach, Sara tries not to take the beautiful atmosphere for granted. Similarly, she tries not to take anything else in her life for granted, and in this sense, prides herself on her strong work ethic. She believes that when life gets tough, it’s only because something great is on the horizon. She adores music, her family and friends, movies, writing, magazines, and travel. Sara cannot wait to see what else college has in store for her, and is ready to take more risks and live with no regrets. She is beyond thrilled to be part of the Her Campus team, and looks forward to writing and editing content that focuses on an audience of college women dedicated to achieving their aspirations.