“Caffé Gelato” Review!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

This week, Brittany brings us the best of both worlds: delicious food on a college budget!
                                                                               ********

I know what you’re thinking: Caffé Gelato is WAY too expensive for us college students. Guess what? I have thought of a solution for going to one of my favorite restaurants on Main Street and staying within budget.  That solution is lunch.  They offer a great lunch menu with reasonable prices and large amounts of food.  While Caffé Gelato’s lunch is a great choice, their dinner is by far my favorite place on Main Street. It’s a great place to check out when family comes to visit!

This salad was absolutely wonderful, and it is one of my favorite choices on Caffé Gelato’s lunch menu.  The star of the salad was the perfectly cooked shrimp which was complimented with feta cheese, granny smith apple, pine nuts, pomegranate, and orange infused dressing.  These flavors were surprisingly flattering to one another and reminded me so much of summer.  This salad is very different from the typical salad that you might find anywhere else.  Caffé Gelato has definitely created the perfect lunch salad.

This Toscana Panini was so flavorful and delicious.  It is filled with grilled eggplant, artichoke hearts, red pepper, red onion, and basil infused olive oil.  I decided to have it on multi-grain bread instead of the typical fococcia as a healthier choice.  The flavors blended so well and made for a sandwich that was filled with so many comforting flavors.  In addition the sandwich came with yukon gold potatoes and a side salad.  The potatoes were cooked perfectly and the rosemary gave it a flavor that sent warmth across my taste buds. 

Sara studies at the University of Delaware (go blue hens!), and absolutely loves it. She is currently studying communications and english with a professional writing concentration. and is fostering a developing interest in public relations after having been introduced to the field through the Public Relations Student Society of America at UD. That has inspired her to concentrate in public relations in the future, though she is a firm believer in getting a well-rounded education and taking a bunch of classes in various subjects. Wherever her education takes her, Sara has always had a passion for writing and will continue her writing in any way possible throughout the remainder of her college years and beyond! Born in New York City, she appreciates and is preparing for the fast paced lifestyle of a city girl, but enjoys the more relaxed nature of her hometown on the Jersey Shore (though she is not affiliated in any way with the cast of MTV’s Jersey Shore). Only minutes from the beach, Sara tries not to take the beautiful atmosphere for granted. Similarly, she tries not to take anything else in her life for granted, and in this sense, prides herself on her strong work ethic. She believes that when life gets tough, it’s only because something great is on the horizon. She adores music, her family and friends, movies, writing, magazines, and travel. Sara cannot wait to see what else college has in store for her, and is ready to take more risks and live with no regrets. She is beyond thrilled to be part of the Her Campus team, and looks forward to writing and editing content that focuses on an audience of college women dedicated to achieving their aspirations.