10 Study Break Ideas For Finals Week!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

Studying totally sucks, we all know it, but how can you survive it? There’s one way and one way only! Awesome Study Breaks! Here’s 10 study break options to get you by while you’re collecting those A’s.

1. A Stroll in the Sun and an Iced Passion Tea Lemonade
Take a quick walk with your roommate and catch up on the gossip and the sun. Being out in the sunshine will improve your mood and if you haven’t tried an iced passion tea lemonaide from Starbucks you really should! It’s like a summer in a glass! Getting a coffee might remind you too much of hitting the books so I suggest this delicious energy packed alternative.

2. Little Bob it up!
Go enjoy a short work out at the Little Bob or try taking  a class like Zumba! This will get your energy level up, decrease your stress level, and get you looking hot for summer. 

3. Dance Party
I don’t know if anyone is a big dork like me, but this idea stems from the Icarly bit called random dancing. Turn up your favorite tunes (Spice Girls anyone?!?) and just belt it out and dance with your roommates. It might be fun to do this every hour on the hour so you have something to look forward to, some laughs to help you destress, and a timeline to help you prioritize.

4. Get hooked on a series
This is my ritual every finals week: I begin watching a series I’ve never watched before that I’ve heard is suspenseful and I allow myself to watch the next episode once I’ve completed a certain amount of work. It’s great because it keeps you motivated and you get a fun little break! 

5. Make a craft 
Maybe it’s just because I’m a sorority girl or maybe it’s because I’m a little kid at heart, but I just love a good crafting session (like this one!). Take a short break and make an easy craft like a picture frame. This will get the other creative side of your brain working and give your studious side a much needed rest.

6. Cook 
Make yourself a nice meal. Cooking will help you de-stress and a nice meal will help you keep your strength and concentration up. Try this recipe, which will totally destress you and will be delicious!

7. Meditate 
My Roomie swears by meditation and says It’s a great way to relax your body and regain your thoughts. This great website Stereo Mood has different playlists to fit your moods so it’d definitely be great for meditation. 

8. Take a Bubble Bath
When was the last time you took a bubble bath? If your living area permits, light some candles, turn on your favorite tunes, and enjoy some aroma therapy. 

9. Visit the new statue in mentor’s circle 
Taking a little walk through campus will remind you how much you love Delaware and will remind you why you’re here! Taking a funny picture on the new statue can’t hurt either…

10. Ice skate 
The Fred Rust ice arena is right by campus and a great way to cool down from the heat and take a relaxing break. It’s $8 to skate and $3 for skate rentals. 

Sara studies at the University of Delaware (go blue hens!), and absolutely loves it. She is currently studying communications and english with a professional writing concentration. and is fostering a developing interest in public relations after having been introduced to the field through the Public Relations Student Society of America at UD. That has inspired her to concentrate in public relations in the future, though she is a firm believer in getting a well-rounded education and taking a bunch of classes in various subjects. Wherever her education takes her, Sara has always had a passion for writing and will continue her writing in any way possible throughout the remainder of her college years and beyond! Born in New York City, she appreciates and is preparing for the fast paced lifestyle of a city girl, but enjoys the more relaxed nature of her hometown on the Jersey Shore (though she is not affiliated in any way with the cast of MTV’s Jersey Shore). Only minutes from the beach, Sara tries not to take the beautiful atmosphere for granted. Similarly, she tries not to take anything else in her life for granted, and in this sense, prides herself on her strong work ethic. She believes that when life gets tough, it’s only because something great is on the horizon. She adores music, her family and friends, movies, writing, magazines, and travel. Sara cannot wait to see what else college has in store for her, and is ready to take more risks and live with no regrets. She is beyond thrilled to be part of the Her Campus team, and looks forward to writing and editing content that focuses on an audience of college women dedicated to achieving their aspirations.