This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DCU chapter.

If you haven’t already heard, Her Campus’ very own podcast is back and better than ever! Along with our weekly articles, we will be bringing you more content every Sunday on Spotify, Apple Podcasts and more.

Each week we will meet new members of the committee and contributors, hearing their highs and lows, current favourites and of course an update on their article. Some articles are discussed more in depth, if you prefer to listen in than read.

In light of our podcast relaunch, the committee has gathered just some of our favourite female founded podcasts we think everyone should listen to.

It Galz

Lindsay and Jenny have dominated the podcast game in Ireland for the last three years. The women discuss sex and relationships the same way your mam talks about the weather and frankly, it’s refreshing. They open the dialogue for women to talk about their fellas, sex lives and their own desires without it ever feeling over done or inauthentic. 

I started paying for their Patreon service over the first lockdown and it was honestly the best way to spend €5. It offers exclusive content with juicier stories about their own lives that they could never give up for free and a livestream every Monday night to keep you company over lockdown. It certainly fills the void of not seeing anyone over the lockdown and it has the same vibe of having a bottle of wine with your pals. If you haven’t given them a try yet, you’re definitely missing out.

~ Lora Doyle, Chairperson

The Laughs of Your Life

I adore this podcast because it never fails to put a smile on my face. This podcast by Doireann Garrihy is just what we need during this pandemic. When I listened to Doireann’s chat with PJ Gallagher, I was in tears laughing. I can always rely on this podcast to lighten my mood, as it oozes positivity and hilarity. 

While countless belly laughs are promised, Doireann also creates a space for beautiful, deep and genuine moments with her guests. She perfectly entwines meaningful stories with countless chuckles, to emphasise consequential moments in her guests lives, whether they be laughing because they are ecstatic, or regretful. There is an honourable authenticity to this podcast that allows the listeners to relate to the guests and Doireann herself.

~ Roisin Travers, First Year Rep

The Receipts Podcast

They’re a diverse all female UK podcast. I love the fact that they can talk about anything from their own experiences to present world events and make it relatable and funny but you can also pause and think and reflect. They’re conversations will have people give you funny looks because you’re laughing to yourself on the street.

~ Michelle Ogboro, Treasurer

Michelle Obama Podcast 

I love The Michelle Obama Podcast! There are not too many episodes out, but listening to Michelle is just so soothing to me, she’s an icon! Hearing her chat about her life with her husband Barack, her experience growing up with her brother and discussing the pandemic and the BLM movement with journalist Michele Norris just brought me so much joy. I’d highly recommend listening to her podcast, she just makes me smile so much!

~ Alice Jack, Deputy Editor

The Self Made Mastery Podcast

My favourite podcast is called The Self Made Mastery Podcast. It’s all about transforming yourself into your best self by changing your mindset and exploring what truly matters in the world. It has everything from how to manifest your dreams to how to set up your own business! There’s an episode for everyone!

~ Angela Mykolyuk, Podcast Co-ordinator

There are so many wonderful podcasts out there, these are just some of the podcasts we are loving at the moment. While you’re looking out for a new podcast to listen to, don’t forget to listen to Her Voice, released every Sunday on Spotify and Apple Podcasts.

We are the committee for 2020/2021 and hope to bring you tonnes of content you love this year!
BA in Economics, Politics and Law DCU. Currently studying European Union Law in The University of Amsterdam. Campus Correspondent for Her Campus DCU 2020/2021!