Halloween Activities for Spooky Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DCU chapter.

Spooky season has crept up on us yet again this year. With pumpkins, costumes, treats and more what’s not to love about the holiday? Well, let me tell you, if you’re anything like myself and my friend group, finding the perfect way to spend Halloween together is a nightmare. From misaligned schedules to last-minute costumes, the Halloween season can be an extremely stressful one. So if you’re looking to get in on the holiday fun, here are the perfect Halloween activities for the spooky season. 

Pumpkin Carving 

Nothing beats an evening of pumpkin carving and bingeing scary movies with your friends on Halloween night. It’s one of the most inexpensive and easy ways to celebrate all while feeling like you actually made an effort to plan something fun together. All you need are some carving tools from Amazon and some pals to join in on the fun. Put on “Twitches” or “The Addams Family” and carve some spooky faces into your pumpkins together. If you and your friends want to kick it up a notch, turn it into a contest for the ultimate night of pumpkin carving!

Themed Parties 

If you’re into the party scene, there are dozens of venues that host Halloween-themed parties to bring Halloween lovers together for a night of fun and games. So, get your friends together, force them into some matching Halloween costumes (Powerpuff Girls is my personal favourite) and eat a bunch of candy! Dublin’s Lost Lane is hosting a Stranger Things Upside Down Party on Halloween Night, perfect for Stranger Things lovers and a perfect Halloween group costume theme!

Murder Mystery Game

Who doesn’t have a flair for the dramatics? Gather your friends around and let them try on new personas for the night and watch them antagonise each other for hours trying to figure out who the murderer is! Choose online from a wide range of themes, stories and characters, or even make up your own game to best fit your friends to create a memorable and unique night of fun!

There are so many more fun activities you can do with your friends this Halloween! Just because we’re in college and/or work does not mean we can’t take the night off and join in on the costume fun and tasty treats this year!!

20 year old law student. HerCampus DCU Editor in Chief