This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DCU chapter.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Christmas is around the corner and everyone must be anxious about what to give to their loved ones. Since the pandemic happened, the best thing we can do this year is buy a gift that gives back. 

There are many stores collaborating with foundations who sell products that would raise funds for the foundations that are collaborating with them.

If you know someone who is having a hard time because of Covid-19, and if you have the budget of €200, then head on to MoMuse. They sell a nine-karat gold Hope pendant. It’s classy, elegant and would make anyone look their prettiest!

If your loved ones are dog lovers, then search no more because DogsTrust has got you covered. They sell beautiful and adorable dog-themed Christmas cards. They are eight euro per pack, and it consists of 12 cards in each pack. Buying them would support Dogstrust’s work to rescue and support abandoned puppies and dogs all over the country.

Looking at how many babies are brought into the world this year, perhaps a personalised baby Christmas card wouldn’t be a bad idea. Head onto CedarTree, you can purchase a Christmas themed personalised baby card or baby thank you cards or card for boys and, or girls. This Irish family run business aims to give back to The LauraLynn Children’s Hospice for every order made. 

If you are looking to buy something small for a friend, family or lover. Perhaps someone who has moved into a new home? Then maybe you could consider buying them an ornament for their very first Christmas tree. Flossie’s are selling ornaments that give back to different foundations. One of the many is a sculpted hope angel ornament with a breast cancer awareness pink ribbon which benefits Susan G. Komen for the Cure. The company will donate 80 cents to Komen for every ornament sold.

However, if you are looking for something closer to home and something quick and easy for a child, then you might want to consider buying Benji the teddy bear in any Tesco Ireland outlet for just five euro. The teddy bear is sold in aid of the Children’s Health Foundation Temple Street.

In these trying times, Christmas only means much more since it is the time of giving and sharing. People are kinder and more generous this time of the year. With this attitude, those who struggle financially can have a Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas from myself and the HerCampus DCU Girls!

A multimedia graduate, exploring the world of journalism and making new connections in every way possible.
BA in Economics, Politics and Law DCU. Currently studying European Union Law in The University of Amsterdam. Campus Correspondent for Her Campus DCU 2020/2021!