This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DCU chapter.

The chill in the air is returning, I have already consumed copious amounts of hot chocolate and I am beginning to live in my oversized coat. Ah yes, the return of autumn/winter. Along with this seasonal change comes a shift in our beauty routines and wardrobes. Judging by the various styles and looks that graced fashion week, these next few months will be filled with a range of striking new beauty trends that everyone should experiment with!

One such trend is the timeless bold, red lip. This look has become extremely popular in recent years and continues to complete any outfit. This is one trend that will be sure to convey autumnal vibes, and you can achieve a chic look by teaming an all-black outfit with a berry or red lip!

Another trend that is set to make a reappearance is the stylish smokey eye, guaranteed to complete any evening attire. It seems that the glitter mania that exploded over the summer months is carrying through to autumn and winter as well, which makes for the perfect opportunity to add some sparkles to your eye makeup routine. For your everyday makeup look, simply apply a small amount of colourful eyeliner to your lids for a pop of colour!

In relation to facial products, it seems that you can tone down contouring for the coming seasons. Of course, everyone loves a bronzed, contoured face throughout the summer months, yet it seems that the new fashion fad is a more dewy, soft look. Moral of the story; less of the sharp, contoured lines, more of the highlighter!

Although I enjoy mussed up, messy hair (or perhaps I am just to lazy to brush it), now is the time to experiment with more sleek hairstyles. I would recommend playing around with a curling iron to try and achieve constructed, soft curls that will fall in gorgeous tendrils to frame your face (remember though, its all about trial and error, so don’t hurl your curler across the room if it doesn’t work the first time.) Seemingly, ballerina buns are also going to be all the rage in the coming months so make sure to use hairspray to keep those baby hairs in check!

Accessories are important additions to any look, and there a range of ideas out there that you can try for the coming seasons. A piece of advice from a girl who loves earrings; you can never go wrong with a pair of hoops. Be it an understated pair for a casual, day-time outfit or your largest, “the bigger the hoop the bigger the hoe” pair for a night-time boogie, you cannot go wrong with them. Regarding hair accessories, there are a range of cheap, colourful hairbands available to purchase which you can team with some staple items in your wardrobe. The beginning of a new season brings with it a time for change, so don’t be afraid of a little experimentation!

DCU campus correspondent 2018/19. Third-year media studies and politics student in DCU. From the beautiful city of Kilkenny. Opinionated about social issues. Enjoys writing a cheeky article here and there. Loves everything to do with queer culture and is obsessed with drag. Works part-time as a receptionist and one day hopes to work for an online media publication. Loves Her Campus and all it stands for.