9 YouTube Channels To Watch While You’re Procrastinating

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

Everyone deserves a good study break every now and then. One of my favorite ways to unwind a bit after a particularly productive study sesh is watching YouTube videos – no, not cute animal compilations, (although those are great in their own respect). I’m thinking more along the lines of thoughtful videos made by knowledgeable and talented creators! Looking for some procrastination inspiration? Here are some of my favorite channels to get you started. 

1. NerdWriter1

This dude explores topics ranging from comedy, music, film, and more! 

2. A Chick Called Albert 

When a guy bought quail eggs at the supermarket, he didn’t know it would lead to one of the cutest animal friendships ever. 

3. Philip DeFranco 

I’ve been watching Philly D for years – he provides the news in a fresh way, and always gets straight to the point. 

4. Bad Lip Reading 

You’ll never be able to look at some of your favorite tv shows and movies again.

5. Pony Makeup 

She’s one of the most popular makeup artists in South Korea, and can literally transform herself into ANYONE. 

6. Casually Explained 

Don’t worry – he’ll explain everything. 

7. Good Mythical Morning 

Rhett and Link are actual best-friend goals, and boy, do they think of some bizarre video concepts. 

8. Nerdy Nummies 

*Grabs summer recipe “to-try” list* 

9. Karina Garcia 

Um, this girl just makes slime…so. I guess you’d call this the “weird part of YouTube”.

If you are interested in writing an article for Her Campus Davidson, contact us at davidson@hercampus.com or come to our weekly meeting Monday at 8 pm in the Chambers 1003.

Claire Biggerstaff is a senior at Davidson College where she's pursuing a major in English. Since her sophomore year, she's been heavily involved with Her Campus and has written for her school's chapter, interned with Her Campus Media, and eventually became the Editor in Chief of her home chapter. Her work as also appeared on publications like Babe.net and The Odyssey. When she's not researching news stories or holding editing workshops with her writers, you can find her enjoying an episode of The X-Files and thinking about how much she loves autumn.