Get The Classic Autumn Makeup Look in 5 Easy Steps

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

With autumn on its way, we have so many things to look forward to: cooler weather, cozy scarves, and pumpkin flavored everything just to name a few. I don’t know about you, but as the seasons change, I always find new inspiration for clothing and makeup looks. So… I’ve thought of a super easy makeup look to spice up your usual routine (get it? pumpkin spice!). Whether you try it before a Tuesday class or on a Saturday night, it’s bound to look great!

The main element of this look I got from the Her Campus Survival Kit–it’s NYC’s City Proof 24 Hr Waterproof Eye Shadow in the color 5th Avenue Gold Rush, which I love because it’s…

– Super easy to put on (ya just twist and apply, no eye shadow brush necessary)

– Waterproof (aka it can last all day and night with minimal smudge! Woot! Woot!)

– Really pretty (I like the gold because it’s just so darn autumnal)

Because the product is so effortlessly simple, you can create a quick and easy eye look in just five steps:

1. Grab your NYC eye shadow and apply it to the lid of your eye

2. Apply a brown eye shadow to the crease of your eye to add a little dimension

3. For a highlight, apply a light colored eye shadow just below your eyebrow

4. Then, use an eye pencil or dark brown eye shadow as your eye linear

5. Last but not least, apply your favorite mascara

Bonus Step: For a nighttime look, use your NYC eyeshadow on your bottom lash line too, making a more dramatic look

Pro Tip: If you want to experiment with more colors, layer other shadows on top of the gold in different areas of the eye – lighter colors in the middle and inner corner of the eye and darker colors on the outside corner

For the full look, all you have to do is apply your go-to foundation, concealer, and a touch of blush and then you’re done!

Hope you get a chance to switch up your makeup and check out NYC’s super quick n’ easy eye shadow! Happy Autumn!