absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Charlotte Eats AGAIN! Five More Fantastic Restaurants In Charlotte, NC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

I’ve already told you about a few of my standard go-to’s for eating out in the Charlotte area, but if you want to try something a little nicer, or a little different, here are some more interesting, or just different, adventures to go on!

1. Basil

For good (if not extremely authentic) thai food and a nicer place for date night or a celebration, Basil is the place to go.  You feel hip just walking in and their selection is smaller but you really can’t go wrong.  The pad thai is the best in Charlotte and their curry is a bit lighter than other places’ attempts, which is nice when you want to have some of the best cheesecake ever.  It’s cheesecake, graham cracker crust, a layer of regular cake, and (of course) a little strawberry jelly).  Their mango and sweet sticky rice is also perfection and you won’t feel insanely full after a meal here… more like pleasantly stuffed.

2. Tupelo Honey Café

Sweet potato pancake with peach infused butter.  Yes.  Fresh homemade biscuits with delicious jam and honey.  Yes.  The biggest, juiciest omelet ever stuffed with a healthy serving of everything.  Yes.  All of the yeses.  Tupelo Honey Café does dinner as well, but I’ve only been there for breakfast and it was delicious.  Extremely filling and extremely worth it, and a gorgeous little artsy atmosphere.  It’s perfect for after you’ve spent the night in Uptown, maybe after your formal, or just a fun night out, or to get sustenance before going shopping.  

3. SOUL gastrolounge

A lot more pricey and they don’t take reservations but their long, long menu of small bites will keep you there for hours.  Pork belly tacos, delicious ceviche, and their wings were on point (not as good as Fuel’s but still delicious).  Their dessert options were also creative and delicious with different ice creams and HUGE cupcakes.  

4. eeZ

For a cheaper Asian option, this is the place.  I like choice when I eat.  And eeZ (eeZ’s?  eeZ’?) gives you choices.  You can get great sushi (it’s cheaper if you make your own then get the expensive rolls) or some classic Asian dishes (from curry to seseame chicken to seaweed salad) and everything I’ve had has been crazy good.  Their potstickers as a starter are a must if only for that dang sauce (can you tell I love sauces?) and for after your reasonably sized meal you seriously have to try THIS peanut-butter chocolate pie too.  It’s also probably the best.  Their salted caramel crème brulee?  Also so good.

5. Luna’s Living Kitchen

There are weirdos out there like me who are REALLY into the idea of healthy substitutions.  Can I get delicious flavor from cashew cheese and vegetable noodles?  Luna says yes.  And I agree.  This place is totally vegan and pretty gluten –light.  As someone who feels anxiety sometimes (ok, a lot) about food, this is a great safe place to go if you feel nervous about eating out.  Their cauliflower rice is perfectly seasoned (but served cold so don’t be shocked) and their pad thai really tastes like pad thai even with vegetable noodles, not wheat noodles (noodles made from carrots and zuchinni) and a cashew based sauce.  Their lasagna is well-known and it doesn’t look like lasagna but the basil cashew “ricotta” was so good I didn’t care.  Their juices and smoothies were too expensive for my taste, but their iced coffee passed my boyfriend’s strict standards and their green tea latte (with almond milk!  Unsweetened!) made my whole day.  Dessert was deliciously light, cheesecake that tasted and felt like real live cheesecake.  This place passed my boyfriend’s standards and he’s a strict unhealthy foodie so we were both pleased to find a hippe’s happy medium.

So that will hopefully tide you over until you’re back home with comfort food or traveling along to exotic places with all of their various culinary adventures!

A little obsessive about food blogs, books, Netflix, running, and obviously sleeping. It's not what you do, I say, but how you do it.