Campus Cutie: Jonathan Campbell

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

I’ll be honest: the prospect of sitting down with anyone other than my best friend to write an article with a marked similarity to a dating profile is a little bit daunting. And yet I was put completely at ease by the disarming smile of this week’s Campus Cutie.  Here’s a quick snapshot of Davidson’s cat-loving, javelin-throwing, espresso-nut Cutie of the Week.

Name: Jonanthan (Jon) Campbell

Year: Class of 2017

Affiliation: “No affiliation. Absolutely not.”

Major: Intended double major in Economics and English (two thumbs way way up)

Hometown: Towaco, NJ

Relationship Status:  Single

Activities: Varsity Track Athlete, Bonner Scholar, Davidson Elementary Volunteer, Chess Club, Assorted Intramural Sports

He’s a total softie when it comes to his sisters

When I asked about his family, Jon started beaming. The older of his sisters is a ‘free spirit’ who sends him regular snapchats of his beloved kitten, and his baby sister is “better than [him] in every way.” He is a super-protective big brother and, in his words, “he’s really really lucky.”

Cats Rule and Dogs Drool

Jon adores cats and everything cat-related. When I asked him about his Davidson Bucket List, the first words tumbling out of his mouth were, “I want to keep a cat on campus!”

He’s exercising his domestic skills

Although he doesn’t  (yet) do his own laundry, Jon has spent time recently honing his culinary abilities. You know what they say about a man who knows his way around the kitchen…

He’s a Broadway Afficionado with a penchant for Angsty Rock Bands

Phantom Of the Opera and Linkin Park are just two of his favorite musical stylings. He’s also been known to blast One Direction in the car with the windows rolled down, but you didn’t hear that from me. 

He loves Kesha!!

Ok maybe that’s an exaggeration, but when he mentioned that Kesha’s concert is on his bucket list, the Turner Girl in me said “Holla!”

He’s not afraid to use a cheesy pick up line

His favorite: “Can I get a picture with you? I want to show Santa what I want for Christmas.”

When asked his opinion on Chubbies

My question was met with a look of complete and utter contempt.

Needless to say, I didn’t push the issue.

His guilty pleasure

Every episode of Chuck ever produced accompanied by mountains of chocolate-covered espresso beans/chocolate chip coffee ice cream. Ideally both, he says.

Soccer is his true love (ladies: take note)

Despite persistent recruiting by two coaches to play goalie on Division I soccer teams, Jon still ended up sporting Wildcat Red. Praise be.

He’s got the makings of the next Dale Carnegie

Jon has an admirably solid grasp of the ever-evasive concept of ‘balance’ in collegiate life. Granted, he seems like he’s just as over-booked and over-worked as the rest of us, but he strives to achieve a balance in the three parts of life: physical, mental, and spiritual. “Remember, you’re one of 7 billion other people (channeling his inner Justin Bieber here), and it’s not really about just you or me; it’s about taking time to go outside yourself and open up to other people.”

And all the people said Amen.