6 Last-minute Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

It happens to me almost every year. I have a really great idea for a Halloween costume in July. By the time October rolls around, I completely forget. Now it’s the week before Halloween. What’s a last-minute girl supposed to do?

1. For anyone who has ever come across this frustration (which is everyone), why not go as Error 404 Page? All you need is a shirt and a sharpie. To make it even simpler, print off the text and tape that to a shirt. 

2. For the avid Facebook users out there (or avid Jim Halpert fans?). Just write “book” on your face and you’re ready to go. Eyeliner or lipstick might be the best route so you’re not left with a semi-permanent “book” on your face November 1.

3. Dress as yourself–a.k.a., a party animal. Party hat or feather boa + cat ears or leopard leggings + your staple going-out dress. (Sorry you won’t be as cute as these kids, though.)

4. Sleeping beauty was the hands-down favorite costume at my high school for Halloween. Who doesn’t want the excuse to wear comfy pjs around all day? 

5. If you have a few odd socks lying around, go as static cling! Just pin some socks and dryer sheets to any outfit. 

6. Pull out your plaid shirt and go as a scarecrow. Here’s a scarecrow makeup tutorial

If you are interested in writing an article for Her Campus Davidson, contact us at davidson@hercampus.com or come to our weekly meeting Tuesday at 8pm in the Morcott Room.

With my pale skin and curly hair, it might look like I spend all of my days in the library--which I totally could because I LOVE to read--but I promise I don't. I am an avid subscriber to Vogue, Lucky, and InStyle (you can infer my passion for shopping from that, right?). When I can't find what I want on the racks, I'll sew it myself. Elizabeth Taylor, Gregory Peck, Ingrid Bergman, Audrey Hepburn, and Grace Kelly are my style icons, not to mention stars in some of my favorite classic movies. Little Rock, AR native and Davidson, NC resident. Instagram - elaineruthb Twitter - @ElaineRuthBoe