This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dartmouth chapter.

I distinctly remember my 13-year-old self repeatedly telling my friends: “I could never wear makeup, because I just touch my eyes too much and then I would always ruin my makeup. No, that really is not for me.”

Fast forward a couple of years and now, I wear makeup every single day. People wear it for many different reasons – many wrongly think that it is simply used to cover up possible insecurities of a person, even though that is not necessarily true.

Makeup is a true art form. If you are not convinced that it is, then keep scrolling to look at some of these pictures and then you might reconsider your original opinion.

There are so many incredible makeup artists out there and they are called “artists” for a reason.

Paula is the Social Media manager for Her Campus at Dartmouth College. In addition to managing the social media platforms, she enjoys writing about Health, Beauty and Food. Paula is originally from Germany, but lived in London during 8th Grade, attended High School in New York City and has now been attending Dartmouth College for the last 2 years. She is extremely passionate about her YouTube Channel (Paula Joline) and her Instagram account (@paula.joline_nyc), where she enjoys telling people in Germany about life in America and people in the United States about what it is like to go to college.