7 Hermione Granger Quotes to Get You Through Week 6

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dartmouth chapter.

So it’s week 6. You’ve reached the middle of the term. Maybe you just finished round one of midterms and are gearing up for round two. If you’re lacking motivation, here are seven of my favorite quotes, one for each day of the week, from my favorite character in literary history, the iconic Hermione Granger. Hopefully they’ll provide you with that much needed boost, or at the very least make you laugh and, if you’re as much of a Potterhead as I am, fondly reminisce about your childhood.

1. “No, I’m not [going to work at the Ministry of Magic], I’m hoping to do some good in the world!”

We all love a queen who’s going to use her brains for good.

2. “At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in, they got in on pure talent.”

Savage Hermione is our favorite Hermione, especially when she’s roasting Malfoy.

3. “Oh for heaven’s sake! Listen to me, all of you! You’ve got just as much right as wizards to be unhappy! You’ve got the right to wages and holidays and proper clothes, you don’t have to do everything you’re told…”

I wish I had Hermione in my life to give me a pep-talk…

4. “[Ron], you are the most insensitive wart I have ever had the misfortune to meet.”

Savage Hermione back at it roasting boys again.

5. “I’m a mudblood! Mudblood, and proud of it!”

She doesn’t let the haters get to her, nor does she try to hide any part of herself. She wears every aspect of her identity with pride.

6. “Actually I’m highly logical which allows me to look past extraneous detail and perceive clearly that which others overlook.”

If only everyone could be so highly logical…

And for the most iconic quote of all time…  

7. “Stop! Stop! Stop! You’re going to take someone’s eye out. Besides, you’re saying it wrong. It’s LeviOsa, not LeviosAR!”

Seriously, Ronald. Get it right.

Aishu Sritharan

Dartmouth '20

Aishu Sritharan is a member of the Dartmouth College class of 2020.