15 Small Things That Bring Me Joy

Life can get stressful and we can get caught up in all the negative things that happen during our everyday life. So here is a list of 15 small joys that make life so much better:

1. Looking at the scenery when driving in the back of the car. Bonus: The sun shining through trees at your face.

2. The smell of freshly-cut grass.

3. That first bite of food after you have been hungrily waiting for it in a restaurant.

4. Seeing a stranger smile at their phone and knowing that they just received a nice message.

5. Watching a sunrise or sunset.

6. Keeping a journal on my phone using the app “DayOne” and the app reminding me every day what I did today two years and a year ago.

7. Doing a 10-minute organizing- and cleaning-session in your room and then being happy when everything looks a lot more neat.

8. Spending time with friends - whether that is cooking or watching a movie or going out.

9. Getting enough sleep - that is a big one! I don’t know about you, but I really cannot function without my sleep.

10. Checking things off of your to-do list.

11. Smelling fresh roses.

12. Laugh.

13. Get fresh air and take a walk outside. Bonus: having the afternoon sun warm your face on a cold winter day.

14. Yawning - it can feel so good to just yawn!

15. Thing about good memories.

This is just a short list of thing that can better your day, but I hope you can take the time to check off some of them!