10 Things that Go Beautifully with Coffee

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dartmouth chapter.

For all those drinkers of beautiful caffeine -– I mean coffee (I’m just calling myself out at this point)—you know some things just go better with coffee.

Here’s some of my favorite ten.

1. A bite of sweet cake offset by oh-so-delicious roasted coffee.

2. Fresh cream.

3. If you can wake up early enough, glancing over the rim of your coffee as you stare out at the rising sun, the rays mingling with the deeper blue of night.

4. Chatting with good friends over a cup.

5. Making new friends by bonding over drinking coffee together.

6. Feeling comfort from the smell of fresh coffee—bitter but in all the right ways.

7. Digging into breakfast, only to be broken by a sip or two.

8. A cup of coffee in the evening, right at sunset. Watching the lights come on as night falls.

9. Coffee-flavored dessert? Still a win. Coffee cake, chocolate-covered coffee beans, coffee in tiramisu…

10. Hearing your favorite song play and knowing the day is going to be a good one. 

These are just ten little moments that you can take out of your day and find wonderful, but everyone enjoys things differently—how do you like your coffee?

Sophia Whittemore is a Correspondent for the Dartmouth HXCampus branch. When not working on HXCampus, they're writing webcomics on Webtoons, Pride books for Wattpad, was a staff writer at AsAm News, and has published the "Impetus Rising" series back when they were in high school. Sophia's also a geek, but who isn't?