coffee and chocolate cake
coffee and chocolate cake
Original photo by Ruka Saito

The Fall Treat You Need to Try Based on Your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dalhousie chapter.

Fall is the best time of the year. The leaves begin to change, we get to break out our chunky knit sweaters, and most importantly, coffee shops release their specialty fall treats. There are so many options out there, but I’m going to make your decision simple by recommending an item for each astrological sign. 

Aquarius (January 20-February 18):

As an Aquarius, you should head to Second Cup and grab a cup of their Oat Pumpkin Spiced Latte. The latte is made with oat milk, a sustainable dairy alternative. As a free-spirited creative human being who is determined to make the world a better place, surely sustainability is important to you! 

Pisces (February 19-March 20):

This fall, Pisces friends should indulge in the original Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks. As a Pisces, you are the most empathetic sign and you experience everything very intensely. Pisceans have very active dreamlike imaginations and this hot drink has an air of familiarity and comfort that will keep you grounded. 

Aries (March 21-April 19):

Aries don’t have time to wait in a 20-minute lineup at Starbucks, so instead, you should head to Tim Hortons and grab a 10-pack of their Pumpkin Spice Timbits. Headstrong Aries thrive in positions of leadership and are highly active. Enjoy the Timbits on the way to your next school or work commitment, or even while completing your daily tasks with hallmark efficiency.

Taurus (April 20-May 20):

The perfect addition to a self-care day for a Taurus is the Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin from Starbucks. As a Taurean, you have a taste for all of the luxuries life has to offer. Needless to say, you love to be pampered. You are a reliable, loyal person but need your alone time to recharge. With its cream cheese frosting core, this muffin is the ultimate decadent treat for a Taurus.

Gemini (May 21-June 20):

Second Cup’s Apple Pie Frocho (frozen hot chocolate) is the perfect drink for the versatile and adventurous Gemini. Always on the go, Geminis are drawn to the unconventional. These social butterflies are always down to try something new and exciting and this drink is the ideal opportunity. 

Cancer (June 21-July 22):

Cancers tend to be home-bodies who like to stick to their routines, so I recommend the cult-classic Pumpkin Scone from Starbucks. As a Cancer, you are highly intuitive and can read a room better than anyone else on the zodiac. Since you are such a good judge of character, you are weary of new people and things, so sticking to a classic is perfect for you. 

Leo (July 23-August 22):

Leos should pick up the Iced Apple Crisp Macchiato from Starbucks. Leos are natural leaders with buzzing social circles, so don’t forget to give your private Snapchat story a review of the drink! Your friends will thank you.

Virgo (August 23-September 22):

Virgos are practical people, so you should try the simple Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew from Starbucks. As a Virgo, you approach everything in life—from coffee selection to problem solving—pragmatically. This drink delivers your much-needed caffeine while appealing to your taste buds, without being way too much. 

Libra (September 23-October 22):

As a Libra, you should run to Tim Hortons for the delectable Apple Pie Dream Donut. Libras are intellectuals with keen aesthetic taste and this donut will certainly appeal to your senses. After a day of strolling through an art gallery with a friend, not only is this treat delicious, it is a feast for the eyes!

Scorpio (October 23-November 21):

For Scorpios, I recommend grabbing a slice of the famed Pumpkin Loaf from Starbucks. As a Scorpio, you know what you want in life and refuse to settle for anything less. You may be firm in your convictions but you are sure to enjoy this treat, which returns every year for good reason. 

Sagittarius (November 22- December 21):

Sagittarians are constantly on the hunt for an adventure, whether they are literally hopping on flights or working on growing their intellect and spirituality from home. An adventurous spirit like you should head to Tim Hortons to try their Pumpkin Spice Iced Capp, a fresh take on everyone’s favourite drink. Everyone loves the fun, magnetic energy of a Sagittarius just like they adore the cool, sweet taste of an Iced Capp.

Capricorn (December 22 – January 19):

For my Capricorns, I suggest grabbing the simple Pumpkin Spice Muffin from Tim Hortons. No one is more productive than a Capricorn, and anything you set your mind to is possible. Your focus demands all of your brain power, so you prefer simple snacks to extravagant treats. This muffin will suit your tastes perfectly.

Sophie Gregg

Dalhousie '24

Sophie is a second-year Dalhousie University student majoring in law, justice and society. She is an avid reader and writer with a love of current events, media and fashion. In her free time, she can be found drinking iced lattes, shopping for books and clothes, and scrolling through TikTok.