Worth It? Books Tik Tok Made Me Read Part Two

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

I am a huge fan of Book Tok if you have not gotten that from my previous post about books Tik Tok made me read. In that post, I talked about “Ice Planet Barbarians,” “Beach Read” and “Blackout.”

Well, I have more books for you to check out since I have been doing a lot of reading this quarter.

Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson

Literally the best book ever

Now this book is first because it is amazing. If you don’t listen to anything else I say, listen to this: read this book! It is so good. I was addicted to this book. I loved the main characters. The plot was exciting and unique. The world that you enter is so vivid and has a little bit of everything for everyone. It is a slow-burn romance that made me swoon hard. It has adventure and intrigue. It is dangerous and heartfelt. I love this book. It deserves so much more hype.

People We Meet on Vacation by Emily Henry

If you want to

This book was good. I wasn’t blown away, but it was better than Beach Read by the same author. It really had nothing remarkable about it, but I did like how we jumped around on the main character’s vacation timeline. the story is also very cute and has some steamy elements to it.

The Midnight Library by Matt Haig

A sort of must-read

This book was definitely a must-read, but by the end, it really just drags on. The main character becomes annoying, because the end was pretty predictable, and I wished I could strangle her to make the right decisions. I still recommend this book, just be warned.

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

Must-read, but please stop talking about it

I am a huge Maas fan, just her work not her. A Court of Thorns and Roses or ACOTAR and the rest of the series is so overtalked about. If I were to guess, it is mentioned in one out of every three videos. It deserves some hype, but not all it is getting. It is definitely not her best work; I am a huge fan of Throne of Glass. Feyre and the main love interest (not going to spoil who) are amazing. It is definitely worth the read, but it doesn’t need to be in every book recommendation video.

The Atlas Six by Olivie Blake

If you don’t read this you’ll be missing out

Please read this book. If you are a person who loves to read, please read this. It is super confusing at times because it relies heavily on scientific knowledge and dips into philosophy, but after reading I strived to learn more. It is not heavy on romance, but it does have that early twenties angst that most of us have. It fully develops all these characters, some that you will love and some that you will hate. It made me reevaluate everything. The hype this book gets is accurate. If you love dark academia vibes, you will devour this book. Also, there are awesome photos of the characters in the physical copy and on the artist LittleChmura’s Instagram page.

A Veil of Truth and Trickery

Skip this one…seriously

Do not read this book. Okay fine, you can read it, but it isn’t great. The author hyped this book up so much on her own Tik Tok account calling it super spicy and a better version of ACOTAR. Her marketing was great, but the book sucked. I hate to say that about a book. It had no redeemable qualities though. The world-building was too fast and underdeveloped. The magic system made no sense. The “super spicy” scenes were literally so boring and there were maybe two. There is a second book coming out and I think this is one series I am going to sit out.

This list was mostly positive, with some negatives. I tried to sum up how I felt in red about each book.

Missing from this list is EXTENSIVE books by Colleen Hoover I have read recently. I will be posting that article next week so stay tuned to @hercampuscwu for that article.

Check out the last time I reviewed Tik Tok books down below.

📚 Related: Worth It? 5 Books Tik Tok Made Me Read
Hi! My name is Katlyn White. I am a sophomore at CWU. I am double majoring in Professional and Creative Writing and Digital Journalism. I am a Cancer and a Ravenclaw.