This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

If you have a taste for coffee and are looking to expand your horizons, this is an article you’ll want to read. From drip coffee to espresso, these are (in my opinion) the best coffees to have.

Tully’s Espresso Coffee

Whether it’s iced or hot this is the smoothest coffee you’ll ever taste. In any form, it takes you still get that perfect amount of flavor from the coffee itself. An Americano, two shots give the perfect strength with no bitterness to taste. An eggnog latte, even though it has that extra sweetness along with the coffee it’s strong enough to still get that sensational taste that all coffee lovers crave. If you’re a proud owner of an at-home espresso machine, like me, this is the brand of coffee you should be going for.

Stumptown Coffee Roasters

This coffee comes in a variety of flavors within the beans themselves providing a rich and complex flavor. Not always the best option for making espresso pulls, this is still a good option for a drip coffee. Always smooth, no matter which one you get, with options like Holler Mtn. (creamy & caramel), Hair Bender (citrus & dark chocolate, best for espresso), and Founder’s (vanilla & cocoa powder).

Death Wish Coffee

If you’re someone who not only likes coffee but requires it to function like a normal human being then this is the coffee you need to get that effective jolt. Aptly named, this coffee is known for its strength. So, if you can be sensitive to caffeine you might want to steer clear of this specific blend. Otherwise, that morning jolt can easily turn into afternoon jitters. However, leading up to finals week you might hear Death Wish coffee calling your name.

BigFoot Java Coffee

For coffee lovers on the go, there’s the popular BigFoot Java coffee stand. They offer classic coffee concoctions with their own unique twist, like a white chocolate mocha, with the added flavor of English toffee (the “Abominable White Mocha”). This creativity on their menu is just an added bonus to the smoothness their coffee provides with each cup.

Kauai Coffee

This coffee comes in many forms enabling you to drink it in any way you desire: k-cups (100% compostable), drip coffee, espresso, French press, whatever your coffee soul wants. This tropical island coffee is harvested in the best environment where roast masters select only the best and unique blends.

Whatever you choose, make sure you’re getting that quality coffee to start your days right!

HC XOXO

Cassana is a writer for Her Campus Central Washington University. She will be graduating Winter 2022 with a major in English Literature and a minor in Creative Writing, hoping to achieve a position in a publishing house while writing novels on the side. Her hobbies include reading/writing, bullet journaling, and travelling.