Shane Dawson Made a YouTube Series About Jake Paul and You NEED to Watch It

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

If you have been paying attention to any form of media within the last two years, chances are, you have heard of the infamous Jake Paul. He is known for his role on the Disney Channel show, Bizaardvark and for his very successful career on YouTube. Jake Paul is the creator of the YouTube “squad” called Team 10 and they most well known for doing crazy, and often incredibly dangerous, stunts for their vlogs. He has been the center of a lot of drama within the YouTube community and he is also disliked by much of the general public due to the reckless and inappropriate nature of many of his videos. There is speculation that he is even a sociopath. People just do not like Jake Paul. In July, Shane Dawson tweeted that “the ups and downs of Jake Paul’s life and persona is something I would LOVE to see from the inside” and two weeks ago, the first video of his eight part docuseries was posted. Let me just say, I was NOT ready for the drama and intrigue Shane poured into the video. 

The first 4 parts were focused on Shane’s research of Jake Paul. He is going all in, guys. He is talking to therapists about sociopathy, he is interviewing Jake’s ex-friends and ex-Team 10 members. Shane watched old videos from Jake’s channel and researched his family. He is really working hard to get some answers for us because there are so many questions. Is Jake Paul a sociopath? Why is everyone leaving Team 10? Is the Jake Paul we see online the real Jake Paul? Is he really abusive to his friends as they have claimed? Shane is determined to find out. The most recent episode came out last night and it was a doozy. The plot is just getting thicker and thicker as the series goes on, and people are loving every minute of it.

(Parts 1-5 find here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK4_G33fXFU)

There are only three parts left in the series and I am waiting quite impatiently for them to be released. Even if you don’t care one bit about the world of YouTube or social media, this series is a great watch for when you have 40 minutes to spare during a study break or on the toilet. Watch it during that lecture that is so boring! It will have you wishing there was new video everyday, bro.

I am 19 years old and I am a freshman at Central Washington University.