Life > Experiences

Five Things You Can Do to Celebrate Mother’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

It’s the weekend of Mother’s Day! Do you need some ideas about what to do or what to give to the most important person on earth? Here are some fun spring ideas I have brainstormed with my best friend to get you started!

Visit a Park and Capture the Moment!

When I was younger, my mom and I would always dress up have long walks in the park. Being present in the moment and spending quality time is very special! Every Mother’s day, we try to enjoy nature and reminisce about old times since life gets so busy! 

Go Plant Shopping

Another fun thing you can do is look at flowers and go plant shopping. Many sales are going on during this time, so surprise your mom with some vibrant flowers and a cute vase or pot to go with it!

Have a Relaxing Day

Life only gets busier, and not all mothers get the day off! A spa night together can be very nice and relaxing. You can have a girl’s night and do fun sleep-over activities such as doing each other’s nails and watching movies!

Host a Family BBQ to Celebrate All Mothers!

Having a small gathering outside where all moms are celebrated is something my family did when I was younger. All mothers would receive a rose, and we’d make a lot of Mexican food, which is always good!

Visit a Lake and Have a Spring Picnic

Family time is always important and valuable. There’s nothing like enjoying a hot sunny day with your family and eating watermelon!

We must cherish and value our mothers as tomorrow is never promised. Every chance you get, thank them! Without my mother’s love, I wouldn’t be who I am today, and I am eternally grateful for her. I hope all of you have an amazing Mother’s Day this year!

CWU 23'