Style > Beauty

Five Smooth Skin Hacks to Get You Through Winter Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Every year, my skin hits the dry season, A.K.A winter happens. And while I manage to keep my skin nice and supple during the rest of the year, winter seems to just suck the life out of my skin. I know that winter means dry skin for most, but there are some ways to beat the odds! Here’s some tricks that’ll keep your skin feeling silky smooth all winter long!

Source

1. Exfoliate, exfoliate, and exfoliate some more

I like to buy a nice sugar scrub for my legs, or make one of the many DIY scrubs from online! My favorite sugar scrub is from Soap and Glory called the Breakfast Scrub. It leaves my legs and arms (yes, you need to exfoliate your arms) feeling SO soft and it literally smells like sugar cookies, plus it doesn’t break the bank!

Source

2. Invest in a good body butter

Every time I get out of the shower, whether I’ve shaved my legs or not, I ALWAYS lather on some body butter. Soap and Glory hits it out of the park once again with their body butter called The Righteous Butter. This helps keep my body nice and smooth all winter long.

Source

3. Face masks

I love to hit up my local drug stores for some cheap face masks. These masks prove that you don’t have to spend $50+ to get a good facial, plus you get to do them in the comfort of your own home. If I’m using a sheet masks, I like to take the leftover juices from the sheet and rub it on my chest and neck. It helps me make sure that I’m using every part of the mask that I can!

Source

4. Lip Masks

Now, this tip may be unnecessary for some, but I get insanely chapped lips in the winter. I try to use a lip mask at night three times a week so I don’t get painfully chapped lips during winter. My favorite lip mask OF ALL TIME is the Agave Lip Mask from Bite Beauty. The product costs a pretty penny, but I’ve had the same tube for almost a year, so a little definitely goes a long way!

Source

5. Foot Care

Around the beginning of November, like clockwork, the heels of my feet get insanely dry and cracked. I try to use a pumice stone-like device in the shower to help reduce the cracks, and I always use a foot cream after my shower. Soap and Glory has one for a decent price, and the OPI has a pumice stone that has been my holy grail for years!

I hope these tips are helpful to get you through the winter blues! Be sure to check out our other features for this week.

Happy Holidays!

HCXO

Self-love advocate and intersectional feminist with a passion for music, photography, and writing (she/her)