This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

The stress of college and limited job options in my current city got me thinking of out-of-the-ordinary ways to make extra cash while being busy in school. I began to think of jobs that could be done from the comfort of my own home or things I could do on the go and came up with a list of five side hustles for college women looking to make extra cash. 

Sell Your Clothes or Become a Personal Stylist 

We all know places such as Poshmark and Depop to sell clothes; however, you can make a decent amount of money cleaning out your closet. I usually donate my old clothing to goodwill; however, looking into selling your clothes can make you some extra cash with some of the more expensive purchases. If you don’t have clothes to sell and have an eye for fashion or your friends always ask you for your expert opinion on outfits, try out personal styling. One of my good friends got into this by practicing on friends and family, and eventually, it led to having a full client list! 

Freelance

Freelancing gives you numerous options when it comes to finding something that matches your niche and expertise. You can find freelancing jobs in blogging, graphic design, social media management, translating, and more. Freelancing is a great way to make extra cash when you’re in college, as most of the jobs are accessible on your phone or laptop.

Cover Letter and Resume Training

Suppose you have strong writing abilities and can work your way around a cover letter or resume. In that case, there are lots of opportunities for you to review other professional portfolios or even resume training guides. As a college student, this option is easy to build word around your business and find other college students that would benefit from your service.

Tutoring

Are you good at a particular subject, or are gifted in your area of study? Try tutoring. Through my junior year, I made extra cash by reviewing research papers and creative writing. Whatever you’re good at and can help people with, it’s surprising what people will pay you to check their work. I began looking over a few of my friends’ writing, which led to me reviewing their friends’ work shortly after for cash.

Paid Bridesmaid or Wedding Date

I saw this story online this year from a woman who got laid off from her job and decided to post about being a bridesmaid/wedding date for hire. I could not think of something more fun and a rewarding way to make extra cash. Traveling to attend weddings and meeting different people sounds fantastic, and there’s always someone searching for a wedding date.

These five side hustles are easy to start and are perfect for those with busy schedules and limited time. Try one of these out, and let us know how it goes! 

Bachelors degree in Business Administration with a specialization in Marketing Management, and a minor in Digital Marketing.