book fashion plants minimal cactus cacti cool style
Dimi Boutselis / Her Campus

Five Motivational Books to Read in Your 20’s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

While exploring new ways to keep myself motivated and busy during this time, one thing I have found that gives my mind a break from everything is picking up a new book. I was never a reader when I was younger, however recently I have found that reading some of these books has helped my overall well-being and been an exciting part of my day to look forward to. Here are some of my favorite motivational and lifestyle books that everyone should read during this time! Each of these options has great reviews and provides a unique perspective while tackling your 20s.  

Woman Wearing Brown Shirt Carrying Black Leather Bag on Front of Library Books
Abby Chung

The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck (Mark Manson)

This book is a witty, vulgar and profoundly written ‘counterintuitive approach to living a good life’. However, underneath the language and title of this book, the strong emphasis on core values and protecting your energy has made it one of my favorite books of all time. If you tend to struggle with overthinking or just need a great laugh, this is a great option!

You are a Badass – How to stop doubting your greatness and start living an awesome life (Jen Sincero)

Okay so I’m aware self-help books have a stigma around them though they are quite popular, this book is great. Throughout reading this book I learned a lot about myself through self-sabotage, my personal beliefs, and early on healthy and unhealthy behaviors that have carried on to my 20s. If you’re looking for a great read that you can escape reality and completely focus on yourself and who you truly are, I highly recommend this one! 

Girl With Glasses Reading Book
Breanna Coon / Her Campus

To Hell With The Hustle (Jefferson Bethke)

I have not read this book but have numerous friends that are raving about it. In a society that is completely overworked and bombarded by the idea of running off no sleep and being as productive as possible every waking minute, this book adds so much value to the time we live in. This book is next on my reading list and has always been a go-to recommendation by others. 

Girl Wash Your Face & Girl Stop Apologizing (Rachel Hollis) 

These were two of the first books I had read and loved them. Written by an author whose main goal is helping other women through everyday struggles who has been there herself, there’s no question why these books have become so popular.  

Whether you’re looking for a light read, a sarcastic and witty laugh, or a motivating and inspirational escape, each option offers great insights into the mind of early adults. Let us know if you have read any of these books and your thoughts!

Bachelors degree in Business Administration with a specialization in Marketing Management, and a minor in Digital Marketing.