I have not lived in a dorm in a couple of years but I still think about how my dorm was the comfiest and coziest place as I made it my own and I want to share some of those essentials with you!
- They add great color to your space and super easy plants exist, such as pothos that requires a minimum amount of care!
- You can also accessorize your plant with cute and funky pots, that can also be used to add color to a room.
- I suggest a long vining plant like pothos, ivy, or philodendrons on top of a shelf! When a plant vines down from a higher place it will accentuate the height and give a taller feel to the room.
- For obvious reasons- they create a soft, more glowy and eye-appealing light shade as compared to the overhead fluorescent lights.
- With the warm light that fairy lights give off, it will create a much more cozy feel.
- I suggest long lights that reach from the ceiling to just about the floor, again this will accentuate the height of the room.
- Good-looking bedding is the centerpiece of dorm rooms as your bed will be the biggest piece of furniture you’ll most likely have in your room.
- I recommend a pattern if most of the other decor pieces, such as posters or paintings, are mostly plain or if you have more of a minimalist style and vice versa.
Some other recommendations
- Extra batteries
- Extension cords
- Some kind of clock
- A desk chair because the ones that schools provide are simply not comfortable
- A lamp
- An area rug
- A coffee maker – Keurig is great, cute, and affordable (so many color options)
- Mini fridge and microwave (most likely provided by your school)
- Shower caddy
- Laundry basket
Protip: make it your own and even homier using photos of friends, family, pets, etc!
Like this? Check out @hercampuscwu on Instagram for more!