This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

College is hard for plenty of reasons, but fashion should not be one of them. If you are looking for a few new things to add to your collegiate, we have just what you are looking for! Major, career and body type do not matter, look for these 5 items in any style genre and you’ll know exactly what to wear for any in class or off campus occasion. 

Fashion Leggings

Leggings; but it looks like you tried.

Winter Coat

Nothing is worse than an Ellensburg winter besides maybe… and Alaska winter. For most of us that grew up on the west side, our concern was never more than have a hood for a rainy January morning, but the East side is a whole other ball game. If you do anything, order a cute/comfy winter coat because it’s going to be your best friend until mid-March.

College Hat/Beanie

For the days that dry shampoo cant even cover up the fact that you can’t remember the last time you washed your hair.

A Blazer

You never know when a class will call for “professional dress” as a participation requirement. Which is why it never hurts to have a blazer on hand. Especially, once you start climbing in the 300/400 level classes professors, practicums and potential employers will expect some form of professional wear, so when in doubt; leave the holy jeans at home, throw a blazer on and slay that presentation.

Neutral Flats

If you depend on anything it is a pair of shoes that dresses up a casual outfit and can dress down a fancy one. Texture is always a good investment. Leather, suede or cushioned material on a shoe gives any outfit a polished look without trying too hard.

Did we miss anything? Let us know in the comments!

President at Her Campus CWU Senior, Public Relations Major at Central Washington University!