Channel Your Inner Sanderson Sister- Three Drinks Guaranteed to Bewitch Your Guests

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Planning a Halloween party in my opinion is just as enjoyable as decorating the tree at Christmas time. You can create various spooky treats and decorate with as many spider webs and mini pumpkins are you can find. My favorite part of planning a Halloween party is planning cocktail hour. Here are some of my favorite mixes!

Poisoned Apple Cider

Ingredients:

• 4oz apple cider
  • 1 1/2 oz spiced rum
  • 1 1/2 oz pomegranate juice
  • 3/4 oz grenadine
  • 1/4 tsp edible glitter (I recommend either a gold or silver)

When it comes to the directions, this drink is completely error-free. All you will need are the ingredients, ice and a cocktail shaker. Combine all the ingredients and shake shake shake!

Tip: The edible glitter will likely settle on the bottom so, I recommend giving your guests a mixing device. Perhaps a candy bone or a witch’s broom made out of a chocolate-dipped pretzel.

Hocus Pocus Potion

Ingredients:

• 1 oz vodka
  • 1 oz spiced rum
  • 1/2 oz blue curacao
  • 6oz pineapple juice

For this recipe, place all the ingredients listed into the handy dandy shaker and…SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE!

Tip: To amp up this drink, using black cake gel, create drips on the sides of the cocktail glass before serving to give the illusion the potion is boiling over.

White Pumpkin

Ingredients:

• 1 1/2 oz white run
  • 3 oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1 tsp honey
  • pumpkin spice- just a teeny, tiny, little sprinkle

This one is perfect for those who favor Bailey’s Irish cream. Pour the rum and almond milk into the shaker with ice and then add the honey. Continue shaking like your life depended on it and then pour into a coupe glass.

I hope you all enjoyed these easy and painless cocktail recipes and possibly decide to use them at your next Halloween party or seance.

HCXO

Creative and Professional Writing Aspiring author and publisher Gemini Slytherin house