david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Boozy Halloween Cocktails

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

It’s that time of year where we are all searching for the cutest Halloween outfits, the best place to get a pumpkin spice latte and the best pumpkins for carving. But what do we search for when we get home from a long day of fall activities? We want boozy Halloween cocktails! Here are few of my favorites for fall and Halloween alike:

Rum and Cider

It’s classic, easy and warms you up in just the right ways. This easy fall drink is great for relaxing and cuddling up inside to watch a movie, Hocus Pocus anyone? You can pretty much use any kind of cider, and any kind of rum. I tried it at home with my favorite powdered apple cider, paired with Captain Morgan’s spiced rum.

Cider with Apple Whisky, topped with Whipped Cream & Cinnamon

This is another super easy, but tasty autumn drink. As with the last one, you can use any brand of cider or whisky, although I prefer Crown Royal Apple over any other. The whip cream and cinnamon not only give it aesthetic flair, but also turn it into more of a fancy dessert-type cocktail. 

Poison Apple Cocktail

If you want to get more fancy, definitely try this yummy spooky cocktail made with vanilla vodka, orange and sour apple liqueur, and champagne! Light and bubbly, with a kick of flavor that’s sure to go with all of your Halloween treats. 

Black Magic Halloween Cocktail

Trying to impress some guests? You’ll wow them with this creepy cocktail made with black vodka, orange juice and triple sec. It’s simple to make but definitely will make an impression on anyone you serve this to. This one is a great way to incorporate those classic orange and black Halloween colors into your gatherings. 

Black Widow Shots

If you love black vodka as much as I do, you’ll find another creepy use for it with these scary shots. Just pair with some cranberry juice and you have yourself the perfect bloody shot to drink in your vampire costume! And don’t forget the cherry garnish for extra dazzle.

Liquefied Ghost Cocktail

For those creamy cocktail lovers out there, this haunting drink is perfect for you! All you need is vodka, vanilla simple syrup, cream and soda to complete this ghostly dessert drink. 

These are some of my favorites that I found when in search of great boozy Halloween drinks, but there are so many more out there! I hope this inspires you all to find your favorite recipes and share it with all your friends. Happy Haunting!

Senior at Central Washington University in the heart of Washington State! I'm a business major studying leadership and management.