Style > Beauty

The Beauty Products You Need to Survive Winter in Ellensburg

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Winter is here to stay in Ellensburg, Washington and I know I’m not the only one struggling to find beauty products that can handle this weather. Well, I complied a small list some of some of the best products for your body, face and hair this chilly season. But hey, we have to stick together and fight through this frigid season! Hopefully these products give us a little advantage and keep us feeling our best.

Witch Hazel

Not only is this product amazing, but it’s also very inexpensive. Witch Hazel is for all skin types, it is amazing on oily, normal and dry skin complexions and always leaves your face feeling fresh and clean without taking away any extra moisture. This product is very easy to use, just apply to a cotton ball or wash cloth and apply directly to a clean face, easy as that. 

St. Ives: Nourish and Smooth Oatmeal & Shea Hand and Body Lotion

Dry or itchy legs? This lotion is amazing at hydrating and moisturizing your skin without much residue left. It has a light oatmeal smell to it and is super easy to rub in, and its safe to say that it’s going to leave your body feeling nourished and smooth.

Foil: Frizz and Static Control Spray

Winter months in Ellensburg, WA can guarantee 3 things: snow, wind and SUPER staticky hair. This product is easy to use and maintains your insane static. Plus, it’s vegan and cruelty free which is even better. Just apply to styled hair and enjoy hours of frizz and static free hair!

Aquaphor: Healing Ointment No Touch Applicator

This product will give you smooth hands again during those brutally cold  winter months. It costs less than $10.00 and it comes in a easy squeeze bottle so you can take it with you anywhere without worrying about any spill or leakage.

LadyKin: Affinitic Snail Cream

If you’re face is a sucker for oily, normal or even dry skin then you have hit the jackpot. This product leaves your face feeling soft and moisturized with little to no scent. It sits very well under a normal makeup routine and will leave your face hydrated all day long. It comes packaged in an actual snail container. Just unscrew the top of its shell and viola you have a great face moisturizer.

So next time you are about to chop off all of your hair because its so damn staticky; get out your smart phone and order some anti-static spray! Hopefully these products give your body, face and hair some assistance throughout these winter months! Her Campus chapters, do you have any tips or tricks on how to maintain happy skin in the cold winter months? Let us know in our comment box below!