toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Baddest Witches of the Halloween Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

We all love Halloween movies for their spooky, humorous, and dark side. But we all know what our favorite part of the movie is, the bad witch that takes over the show. Here is a few of our favorite bad witches from some festive Halloween movies.

Cruella Deville: 101 Dalmatians

This woman runs her world in 101 Dalmatians. This classic film shows how powerful and bad ass Cruella Deville really is. Besides the fact that she tries to constantly get the harmless Dalmatian puppies, that she needs to make a fur coat with, she has all her minions wrapped around her pretty little finger. The perfect definition of a go getter. I mean, if you were the representation of the devil himself, wouldn’t you want to wrapped in fur?

Sara: Hocus Pocus

Besides the fact that this witch is portrayed by the iconic SJP, she’s back from the dead and boy crazy as ever. Plus, she has fantastic hair even though she just been resurrected from the dead.

Maleficent: Sleeping Beauty

Maleficent spells revenge with a capital M. She doesn’t let a little damsel in distress get in her way, and is of course portrayed by the amazing Angelina Jolie. I mean who else would be able to represent the OG Dragon Lady, showing up Meryl Strep both literally and figuratively.

Morticia Addams: The Addams Family

Taking goth to a whole new level, she rocks the full-length body con and ass long black hair. With winged eye liner, sharper than her red stiletto nails, Morticia Addams slays the stay at home mom stereotype.

Buffy: Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Before Sara Michelle Geller kicked ass in stiletto boots, there is the OG Buffy who slayed in Tutus. Giving cheerleaders even higher expectations, this feisty chick kicks vampire ass for a living. SLAYING everyone who gets in her way. 

Hermione Granger: Harry Potter Series

Not only is she the smartest witch in her class, but she assists in one of the greatest and most memorable deaths in wizard history. Hermione doesn’t take no for an answer and doesn’t let anyone boss her around. Even though she is a mudblood, she is the most talented out of all the witches and wizards in her class. Baddest Witch, in both wizarding and muggle worlds alike.