Who Run The World? Bri Bee

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CUA chapter.

If you haven’t already heard of her, seen her beautiful smile on campus, or have the privilege of being her friend, allow me to introduce the celebrity of the week, Briana Bee.

Ms.  Bee is a 21 year old, energetic, senior at CUA. Originally from Longport, New Jersey, (about ten minutes from Atlantic City) Briana, commonly referred to as Bri, Bri Bee, or Queen B is a very involved and active member of the CUA community.

Bri is the oldest sibling of three with two younger brothers, and hard-working and loving parents who she says she aspires to be like someday. Bri grew up with the dream of being a Rockette saying, “I swore I was going to be a Rockette in NYC. Then, around 7th grade I realized that wasn’t really a long-term career, so I wanted to be an investigative reporter or journalist.”

Since her childhood days Bri has had the vision of working for the federal government but says, “It’s massive and very difficult to impact change. That’s why I’m interested in public health because I feel that health is the root of changing individual lives. America definitely has a long road ahead in terms of public health and I want to be involved in the process.”

Bri is a political science major minoring in public health policy and has spent her years at Catholic trying to make the most of her education and spare time. In the Spring semester of 2015, Bri spent a semester abroad in Ireland and continued to travel through Europe after finishing with school and her internship. Bri noted the experience as life changing saying, “6 months abroad changed my life completely. It taught me to stop planning every aspect of my life and to see the world.”

Since freshman year Bri has held a handful of part time jobs such as hostessing, working in the RA office on campus, babysitting, as well as her current job working at “Sculpt DC” to support herself. Along with managing her jobs, Bri has worked hard to involve herself with internships to better her understanding of her work field and connect with people in the business realm.Beginning freshman year, Bri has interned for the House of Representatives, the Environmental Protection Agency, the PA State Senate, and with Dáil Éireann (Ireland’s Parliament) while abroad. Bri continues to volunteer with Campus Ministry and last year went on an international mission trip to Belize. She currently writes for the amazing Her Campus CUA chapter and is also the president of the LGBTQ group known as CUAllies, which is working on getting official recognition on campus this year. 

She says she manages her routine by staying organized, “Writing everything down in a notebook and calendar, which I have with me all the timebecause I’m crazy. Exercise also helps me stay on top of things.” Bri describes herself as, “Complex and always making moves.” As the most open and friendly gal on campus, Bri has surrounded herself with people who elevate her experience at CUA. She enjoys going out with her friends every weekend as well as exercising in her spare time, taking classes like: “Boxing, yoga, or spin.” She also tries to, “read one book outside of school too.” 

After graduating Catholic, Bri hopes to take a year off before graduate school and do a humanitarian project. “I want to do a year of humanitarian work with public health in a low income area in either America, Central, or South America before I go back for my Masters.”Bri shares a positive and optimistic worldview as she states, “Life can be hard and things occur that are horrible and completely out of our control. However, it’s how we deal with those situations and turn them into lessons. The world is beautiful and the things we can accomplish are endless. So I remind myself that the sky is the limit and go for whatever I want because this life is short but worth it.”

Without even trying, Bri inspires and drives the people around her. Her smile can brighten a room, her hugs can put an indent in your soul, and her enthusiastic nature can make you feel like anything can be accomplished. Bri says that just before she goes to bed she, “Checks Instagram, my work schedule, and set my alarm; then try to remember all of the things I am thankful for.” Such a grateful and open-minded person at CUA deserves recognition for her superwoman-like capabilities and awesome outlook on life. She has a contagious energy that radiates to all that are in her presence, if you are fortunate enough to be friends with this lovely human, I strongly suggest you treat her with the utmost respect and hold on to her kinship.