Fierce, Fun, and Freaking Amazing Best Friends: John Deckers and Sean Miller

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CUA chapter.

Have you ever wanted two guys in your life that are your best friends? Guys who are able to make you smile whenever they text you? Guys who you are able to be your crazy self around and they will love you no matter what? Well, I am one lucky gal because John Deckers and Sean Miller are those guys for me. These two freshman are not only great friends but overall amazing people. They bring me so much joy and I am humbled by the fact that they decided to grace me with an interview (not really, they owed me :p).

HC: Name

John Deckers and Sean Miller

HC: Major

John Deckers: Media Studies and Communications

Sean Miller: Politics

HC: Year

Freshman

HC: Hometown

John: Simsbury, CT and West Hartford, CT I grew up in both

Sean: Hammonton, NJ

(Our feelings towards New Jersey. Sorry Sean!) 

HC: Spirit Animal

John: Cheetah, I have a lot of energy

Sean: Panda, Vicky says I am

HC: Relationship Status

John: Single and Mingling

Sean: Single but not by choice

HC: How did you become friends?

Sean: We didn’t (lol awko taco). We both do MUN and we live close by. Also, we live in building full of Sports kids but we aren’t into sports so we just became friends.   

John: So I met Sean Miller at MUN practice and I thought nothing of him at first. Then we sort of became friends over time because he likes to sit on my carpet  

HC: Favorite spot on campus

John: CV fountain.

Sean: Any place on The Sean Miller Crying Tour. (We will get a copy of that soon I hope)  

HC: If you could date any girl who would it be

John: Vicky Hernandez

Sean: Vicky Hernandez but Ro is my mistress

HC: What are you involved with

John: IAA, Psycology Club (never been to a meeting but he’s in it!), and I show up unannounced to other random things. I am also the Director of Intercollegiate Affairs and Advocacy for CUAllies (Is he really though?)

Sean: IAA, Student Rep for CUAllies, and technically in College Dems but I haven’t gone to a meeting in a while.

HC: Favorite DC spot

John:I have not found one yet but wherever Vicky is.

Sean: Town

HC: Are you a cutie or celeb:

John: I am such a celeb but no one knows me on campus. I am just that tall kid.

Sean: I am a C-List celeb. I am slowly working up there, I hope.

HC: Favorite memory at CUA

John: I don’t have a favorite because I have so many cherished ones. I am still making memories.

Sean: There have been so many like when I got a booty call during this interview. But I think that when the pope came, that was really memorable and is definitely a pin in my talking points.  

HC: Favorite drink

John: To my mother it’s water. But off campus it’s tea.

Sean: Malibu. But really anything that can fit in a plastic bottle lol.  

HC: Best quality

John: My humility and self-confidence (No one can attest to the humility part)

Sean: My eyes (I can attest to them being very pretty)

HC: Describe each other in 5 words

John’s view of Sean: Unique, emotional, funny, flamboyant, and stalker

Sean’s view of John: Power Complex, independent, leader, and BFF (but you can depend on him)

HC: Biggest turn off

John: Smoking

Sean: Negative people  

HC: Embarrassing moment

John: Me and bathrooms do not agree. That is all I will say on the matter

Sean: I have way too many. We could do an interview of my most embarrassing moments. (Be careful Sean, we might just do that!)

HC: Favorite CUA Building

John: Mullen I suppose

Sean: I was going to say Mullen but John beat me to it. McMahon because it is the prettiest building on campus.

HC: Anything else you want to say?

John: You can reach me on social media of your choosing ;)

Sean: Shout out to Omer’s Bunny and my mom

Thanks for being amazing friends to each other and to me <3 Love you to the moon and back, forever and always!

After living in 3 different countries including 3 different states in the USA, it is no surprise that Roisin Gibbons decided to come to the nation's capitol to pursue a career in Social Work at CUA. Whil she did run away to Australia, her love for DC and the HC family brought her back home. Now a semester away from her senior year, Roisin is a HerCampus CUA writer, Co-President of CSWNA, Active Minds Fundraising Chair, and Marketing Chair for NRHH. Along with that, her own blog and volunteer experiences, she finds time to be a fashionista, singer, adventurer, and model for GUS Vintage Goods in California over school breaks. Roisin hopes to make a difference for victims of human trafficking and alcohol and drug addiction as a Social Worker and believes that her work with communities and blogging has put her ahead of the game.