This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CUA chapter.

Aquinas Hall: Home of the dreaded Philosophy classes you were forced to take

Basilica: Flooding your instagram feed #basilligram and the only reason the Pope visited a small private school no one’s ever heard of

Cherry Blossoms: it wouldn’t be a proper list without mentioning these beauties

Darty: CUA students’ favorite past time

Everyone: knows everyone

F: on a paper, F on an exam, F in a course, it’s happened to us all

Garvey: aka tailgate MVP

Hangovers: in the Pryz

#ItsAGreatDayToBeACard: the hashtag every athletic team uses on game day

Jesus: our Lord, our savior, our role model

Kane Center: watering hole for the fit

Love: always in the air here at CUA

Monroe Street Market / Murray and Paul’s: the two sides of Brookland, our cherished home

Natty Lite: your true campus love/hate relationship

Opus: CUA dream suite, the sophomore playhouse, most fortified building on campus

Rumors: the bar, the figure of speech- regardless you’ll experience both every weekend

Sporty Theologians: not unusual to see the nuns playing a quick pick-up basketball or Frisbee game

Tuition: a number we can’t keep track of

Unisex dorms: always leave room for the Holy Spirit

Virgins: you decide

Weird Wednesday: we’d make a joke, but don’t want to offend anyone in the trap house…again 

eX’s: can’t escape them

Yom Kippur: not being celebrated here 

Zzz’s: few and far between 

Raised in Winchester, Massachusetts, Katherine is a Marketing major at The Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C.. She  has a passion for yoga, traveling, skiing, her dogs, and pasta. In addition to being the Co-Founder and Co-Correspondent of Her Campus CUA, she works at an Irish Pub on Capitol Hill.  She hopes Her Campus will unite the women of CUA and she attempts to occassionally bring femininity and the dynamics of living in Washington, D.C. into her articles. 
Catholic University Senior. Romping around the District. Playing with Words. Trend-trying, Style Seeking Individual. Coffee Enthusiast. Mac-and-Cheese's Soulmate. Retired Athlete/Future Soccer Mom. Swipe right for more info.