The 6 Springtime Scaries That Have Fallen Upon CUA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CUA chapter.

The Springtime Scaries are real.

It’s springtime! Yay for sunshine, sundresses, and swimming. Everyone is going to be in a happy mood

and want to frolick all day…right? Wrong. Springtime also brings some scary things to CUA!

1)   St.Patricks Day is over….now what…

Every year on March 18th, the students of Catholic University go into a straight panic. How did St.Padddy’s Day happen so fast? Why is it over? Now what do I look forward to? Since this is essentially the biggest day at CUA, it is okay to panic (we are all doing it). But luckily another tradition will be happening soon that many freshman haven’t been told about yet, Beach Bash! So don’t panic too much everyone, someone will step up and keep the party going.

2)   Everyone is breaking up

Yup it’s that time of year again, Break up season. No longer do people look for someone to text and cuddle up with while its cold out. With the beautiful sun comes tragic heartbreak. Tis the season to be single apparently.

3)   Soon people will be sunbathing in CV..ugh

Once the weather hits above 75 degrees, you know that people will be frolicking throughout CUA’s campus. Studying outside, sitting on the benches for lunch and of course people will be playing Frisbee. But one thing that everyone doesn’t look forward to is the sun bathing on CV lawn. Please refrain from this!

4)   Any classroom in McMahon

McMahon is the oldest building on campus and I swear there is zero temperature control. If you have a class in there then good luck. The elevator is slow, creepy and breaks all the time so the stairs are usually your best option. But by the time you get up there, you’re sweating like a maniac and there will be defiantly minimal AC to help you cool down in the classroom. My advice? Bring water or a towel to every class because you’ll be sweating and parched.

5)   Sun in the AM, Rain in the PM

For some reason DC’s weather can never make up its mind. You’ll wake up in the morning and feel great! The sun is shining; you’ll put on a cute dress, and won’t want to carry around a coat. But by the time you get out of your 2:10 class…its pouring. It is essential to carry around an umbrella in your backpack during springtime because the weather changes whenever it feels like it.

6)   The count down begins

Yes seniors it is time. Officially we begin the count down to the most tragic day in the past four years…. graduation. March is almost over which means we have about a month and two weeks left. Now I know we are all excited for Senior Week but not for what comes after it. So get ready to carry around tissues for the next month of spontaneous sob sessions with your soul mates (aka friends).

Caroline is a senior at The Catholic University of America studying Marketing. Along with her studies she is the Co-Founder and Co-Correspondent (Co-Editor-in-Chief) of Her Campus CUA, and works part time at a popular bbq place in downtown Washington, DC.  In her free time she enjoys exploring the city with friends and hunting down the best BLT. She hopes that bringing Her Campus to CUA will give students a new way to express themselves that has not been offered before.