Why You Should Bullet Journal to Improve Your Productivity

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Within the past few years, bullet journaling has become more and more common for people to do. There are several benefits to using a bullet journal such as tracking your daily tasks, your goals, and your mood.

Journal in front of laptop
Photo by Nick Morrison from Unsplash

Bullet journaling can be very time consuming, but by the end of the day, you have more than just a planner. You are able to really take your time on writing down all of your thoughts, and actually reminding yourself about what is important to you. As you push yourself to become more creative in your ideas, you are able to keep your ideas organized because your bullet journal will be in a format that helps you best understand what you need to get done as opposed to a regular planner where your classes or any of your plans are pushed into one section.

woman in front of a computer
Photo by RF._.studio from Pexels

Keeping a bullet journal can help you relieve your stress due to taking the time to sit there and draw pictures to help keep your bullet journal unique to you. The best part about bullet journaling is you are able to create a space where you can track your mood every day, and see how you can grow in the future. It has been shown that writing down your emotions every day can help you reduce your stress levels.

melinda257 / Pixabay

Bullet journaling allows you to remember all of the things that you have achieved each month. This can really help you uplift your mood, and create an environment where you feel that everything you do matters. Bullet journaling will allow you to have a mindful productive day because it allows you to see what works best for you that day, and what doesn’t work best for you. This can show habits that you tend to make on an everyday basis that you may not have realized before.

Laptop with text on the screen that reads "Mental Health" on a white carpet
Photo by Polina Zimmerman on Pexels
Bullet journaling is overall a cheap way to help you relieve your stress. The amount of time and money that you put into it is up to you. The best part about the bullet journal is that it is uniquely yours and can help you improve your calligraphy, your overall handwriting, and allows you to find out what style of a planner allows you to remember the maximum amount of information that is beneficial for you. Creating your bullet journal allows you to reflect and adjust to organizing your schedule in a new way.

Angelique is a Junior at CU Boulder studying Journalism with a double minor in Business and Communication. In her free time, you can find her looking for a new place to discover in Colorado.
Sko Buffs!