This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Winter Break is right around the corner, which means finals are in full swing. However, don’t let the stress deter you from getting in the holiday spirit. Take a study break, put on some fuzzy socks, heat up a mug of hot chocolate, and turn on these cheery episodes that will leave you feeling festive and full. 

The OC: “The Best Chrismukkah Ever” (S1, Ep 13)

• Seth Cohen introduces us to the iconic holiday hybrid: Chrismukkah. However, the bi-religious forces are not on his side, as he is forced to conclude his love triangle and choose between Anna and Summer. Nothing says the holidays like family drama and alcoholism, and lucky for us, “The Best Chrismukkah Ever” has enough to keep us fed for the whole season. Kirsten confronts her father, Caleb, about his shady business deals and Marissa nearly gets Ryan arrested for drinking and driving. Double the religion means double the drama, I suppose!

Where to watch The OC: Hulu 

Gossip Girl: “Roman Holiday” (S1, Ep 11)

• In this episode, most of the Upper East Siders end up on the naughty list–but are we surprised? Blair does everything in her power to ruin her dad and his boyfriend’s visit to New York and keep Chuck from revealing that she faked losing her virginity to Nate. Dan and Serena struggle to get the other thoughtful gifts on a budget. Rufus continues to pine over Lily despite her blossoming relationship with Bart Bass and his looming divorce from his ex. Does everyone receive their Christmas wishes? That’s one secret I’ll never tell. 

Where to watch Gossip Girl: Max

Gilmore Girls: “The Bracebridge Dinner” (S2, Ep 10)

• I smell snow! Lorelai hosts the entire town at the Independence Inn, which consists of horse-drawn sleigh rides, hot cocoa, and lots of tension. Christopher asks Lorelai if Rory could spend her Winter Break with him to meet his new girlfriend, which sends Lorelai into a spiral of discomfort. Richard is stressed with work, thus putting a strain on his and Emily’s relationship. Rory insists Lorelai invites them to the Stars Hollow slumber party so they can have a night away, but Lorelai is wary about being around her parents for a prolonged period. The Jess vs. Dean rivalry intensifies when Jess ends up taking a sleigh ride with Rory and tells her he doesn’t think Dean’s the guy she should be with. There really is no place like Stars Hollow for the holidays. 

Where to watch Gilmore Girls: Netflix

The Office: “Christmas Party” (S2, Ep 10)

• One of the best parts of December is corporate parties. Drinking with your coworkers in a semi-professional setting is an experience from a fever dream; Dundler Mifflin’s Christmas party is no different. Dwight organizes a Secret Santa for the office. Michael uber-generously “gifts” one of the workers a $400 iPod and Jim gives Pam the teapot that becomes a staple in their romance. Michael brings apology vodka to the party after he inappropriately reveals he received a holiday bonus from corporate, which causes Kelly to drunkenly kiss Dwight, Angela to have a meltdown, and Meredith to flash Michael. You know what they say: the holidays are hard for everyone. 

Where to watch The Office: Peacock

Glee: “A Very Glee Christmas” (S2, Ep 10)

• Like everything, no one does Christmas like Glee. The New Directions carol around McKinley to raise money for homeless children, which ends in the singers getting a shoe thrown at them. Brittany still believes in Santa, and not wanting to crush her dreams, the glee club joins her in visiting him at the mall. Sue rigs the staff’s Secret Santa so that everyone has to buy her a gift. A little mistletoe needs to be involved, though, so Blaine and Kurt share a spicy duet of “Baby, It’s Cold Outside.” “A Very Glee Christmas” is for sure an episode that will make you go “Ho! Ho! Ho!”

Where to watch Glee: Disney+

If your favorite TV series didn’t make the cut, don’t become a Scrooge. It’s simply impossible to fit all of the divine holiday episodes into one list. No matter the December-themed episode you watch, be sure to stay merry and bright. Happy Holidays!

Keeley Haynes

CU Boulder '27

Keeley Haynes is a first year staff writer at CU Boulder's Her Campus chapter. She reports on all things entertainment, culture, music, and politics, but loves to channel her passion into opinion pieces as well. Keeley is a freshman at CU Boulder majoring in Journalism and Political Science. She discovered her passion for the media while writing for her high school's news publication, The Range. In addition to Her Campus, Keeley is a member of the Women in Philosophy club, Community Council, and CMCI Student Government. Outside of the writing room, you will find Keeley reading, swimming, or crying to A24 flims. Her favorite and most expensive hobby is attending concerts; the best show she has attended is Taylor Swift's reputation Stadium Tour. Aside from T.S., she listens to Phoebe Bridgers, The 1975, beabadoobee, Simon & Garfunkel, and Kendrick Lamar.