This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

BREAKING NEWS: The University of Colorado’s Chancellor Phil DeStefano is expected to sign a smoking ban for the university’s campus. Smoking is already outlawed in the on-campus buildings. The new ban will extend to the entire campus. Now this doesn’t mean you’ll get in trouble with the law, but you will be found accountable by the university’s judicial system and will have to serve the sanctions you are given if caught smoking on campus. The good news is there will be a six-month education phase before implementing the ban in the fall so you will have time to adjust and become educated of the matter. Be careful my fellow buffalos who smoke cigarettes, they’re cracking down. 

Natasha is sophomore at University of Colorado Boulder and is majoring in Journalism. She is a Southern California native learning to live in the snow, and is addicted to dirty chais. She is the Social Chair of Alpha Phi, and believes life is better in a pair of stilettoes. She one day aspires to work in the fashion magazine industry, or public relations.