Rags to riches or Mysterious Mural

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Has anyone seen this mural in the alley behind Rose Hill Liquor? If not, check it out.

What formerly was a dirty, graffiti-covered wall aligning the alley, rapidly was transformed into a beautiful mural over the span of two days. No one is really sure what the purpose of it was or what it actually is, but it has definitely added some needed color to a wall that might usually go unnoticed by passersby.

This mural took a small team of people to create. Over the two days, they painted together creating these beautiful patterns to decorate the simple wall, and even the trashcan in front of it. This might be categorized as a kind of vandalism; however, it noticeably adds beauty to a small, less-important part of the Hill. There may not be a clear purpose, but for many people it provides something interesting and fantastic to look at on a morning walk to school.  

Anna is a Sophomore at the University of Colorado at Boulder studying Journalism in the News-Editorial track. She is very involved in her sorority, Kappa Alpha Theta, where she is curerntly the Vice President of Development. Also within the Greek Community, Anna writes for The Odyssey, a Greek newspaper. With a spare moment, Anna loves capturing the beauty of everyday through photography, embarking on mini adventures, skiing the peaks, and sipping chai. Nothing relaxes her more than tying on her running shoes and exploring the mountain trails and soaking up Colorado's sun. A recent addition to the Her Campus Team, she is excited for what is to come!