Places to Eat Vegetarian in Boulder That Everyone Will Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Boulder has a big reputation for healthy and plant-based foods. Despite this, it can still be hard as a vegetarian to find places that your meat-eating friends are willing to visit with you. That’s why I’ve compiled a list of a few of my favorite veggie-friendly options at restaurants that specialize in more than just salads.

Half Fast Subs

My Pick: Eggplant Parmesan Sub

A staple of Boulder nightlife, this amazing sandwich shop on University Hill boasts a massive menu with a full vegetarian section. After many late nights before and after swearing off meat, I can confidently say that it has options for everybody.

Native Foods

My Pick: Orange Cauliflower and Tofu Fried Rice

This restaurant has all your classic fast-food fare—nachos, wings, and burgers galore. The secret? Everything in the restaurant is plant-based! The best part? They deliver.

Tiffins India Cafe

My Pick: Vegetable Korma and Naan

Besides being absolutely delicious, Indian food has a reputation for being extremely versatile. Tiffin’s is definitely the spot to go if you want some good ole’ comfort food with lots and lots of options. They’ll even adjust the ingredients in many of the dishes to make them vegan or gluten-free!

Tahona Tequila Bistro

My Pick: Roasted Calabacitas Tacos or Chiles Rellenos

Tahona’s was one of the first places I ever went to eat in Boulder. A few years later, it still holds a special place in my heart. Located on the iconic Pearl Street Mall, it’s a perfect place to bring family, friends, and maybe even a date. The Happy Hour menu is worth checking out as well.

I hope this inspires someone to try something new, vegetarian or not! Wholesome food is something I think we could all appreciate.

Happy eating! 

Lydia Stalcup

CU Boulder '20

Lydia is a former Collaborations Manager for Her Campus @ CU Boulder. She is currently pursuing her BA in Sociology with a minor in Political Science and is usually stressing over her research. If she's not at her desk, you can almost always find her wandering around Boulder or snuggling with her cat, Kiwi.
Sko Buffs!